Still canâ??t believe this man, its ridiculous, I mean donâ??t they have anything better to do! I've never once been pulled for my exhaust or my plates or my hard B-line from ma Dubstep :) or ma Tints... I hardly ever get pulled... I remember one time i got pulled over because the old bill thought I was a woman! and the car is registered and insured by a dude... quite embarrassing shouldn't have worn my wig that night guess I was asking for trouble!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do a lil reasearch on it and fight back. If you take it off the road you loose out on the fun of your glanza and they win because its off the road, no one else is that effected as they will make mony with or without you business as far as insurance and traders go. Don't laydown and take it!! The mrs family are all coppers and they all said the same lol. I run a front exit with decat and screamer and have never had issues, they are just board, arguee the toss and make pc smith look like a twat :) also say its victimisation as its the second time they have been wrong and unjustly persecuted you!!!

right update as of today

still cant get hold of pc smith however the comutnity support officer we spoke too yesterday spoke to a traffic officer in colchester (of 26 YEARS :) ) and he said that in essex all they do is issue a section 59 the asbo on the car, if for example its driving around estates late at night, she also said exhaust noises is like bottom of their list on motoring offenses.

so this prompted my dad too phone martlesham police station he told the woman on the phone about this and said its funny that depending on which county you live in depends on the law, and surely this is discrimination that if you live in suffolk you'd get charged about your exhaust, however if you live in essex you dont? unless your aggravating people (ie boy racers) to which the woman was like oh no thats not at all, my dad then proceeded to say about how we tried speaking to a traffic officer last night and he clammed up, the woman said well its not his case, to which my father said i wasnt asking him to comment on the case, i was just enquiring about a traffic law, and him being an officer of the law my dad found it most confusing he would not comment on it??

My dad then proceeded to say maybe the only way to deal with this is just to take it to court to get an answer the police woman on the phone was most shocked and said there's no need to go too such extreme measures to which my father replied, "Im getting sick and tired of this, the fact no officer of the law can tell me the law, it seems these officers use tactics of bullying and discrimination to implement the law as they wish, my son drives his car LEGALLY, and you bully him and target him for no reason, maybe taking this too court is the only way to get them to leave him alone once and for all"

email to toyota from my dad

My son has a Toyota Glanza which has a new exhaust system, he was stopped by the police because they said in their opinion it was to loud. Could you please let me now the decibel level of a Glanza exhaust when it comes off the production line in Japan?

email back form toyota

Dear Mr Barrett-Peck,

Thank you for your email to Toyota (GB).

As your sonâ??s Toyota Glanza was manufactured for the market in Japan, you would need to contact them in order to obtain the relevant information you are looking for. The specifications of vehicles do differ from one country to another, so parts available for UK vehicles may not be suitable for your vehicle. As Toyota (GB) is responsible for vehicles manufactured for the market in the United Kingdom, unfortunately we would be unable to assist you further with your enquiry.

I have listed the contact details for Toyota Head Office in Japan below:

Toyota Motor Corporation

1 Toyota-Cho

Toyota City

Aichi Prefecture 471-8571

Japan

Phone: (0565)28-2121

I trust this information is of use to you. If I can be of any further assistance please feel free to contact me using one of the methods shown below.

Yours sincerely,

Stephanie McConnell

so the link again its a pdf file: http://www.unece.org/trans/doc/2007/wp29gr...B-45-inf01e.pdf

so it has to be tested 0.5m from exhaust , in an area that is on a hard surface in a nice open area there has to be 3 tests done and all need to be within 2 decibel to make it an accurate test , the car has to be tested when warm, the noise level has to be less then 98db and if its too windy the test cany be done without a pop shield , theres also a +2 % on tolerence

so theres the run down of how the test shud be done and to what requirements

id also send a letter to the chief of that police station stating you felt unproperly treated, discriminated against (glasses :) lol) and say your test results where within reason and ask y u were fined etc

see if you get an apology

well dont count your eggs but

FUCK YES think i ve just put the final nail in

went on vosa's website and well i ll link you up

http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/publications/sv...onbulletins.htm

you want E17 and then the two articles under it

but basically aslong as the aftermarket exhaust is within 2dbA of the original its fine OR if the mot tester at the time deems it to be ok then it passes, its down too the judgement of the mot tester :o so happy with this right now, i think i might cry :o

Yes mate, now your talking!! All that take it off the road crap from before, fight fight fight baby :o spoke to my mrs sister again, she said the response from the second cop is standard response and trnslates to - "I havnt a clue what the law is surrounding your question" she's also going to have a look in her police issue trafic law book and txt me the law as per the police handbook :o

haha well the thing is looking at this there is no level they are plucking a level thinking its gonna be louder than that

and cheers dude that would be awesome i mean the thing is its down to the mot tester but if he has no figures to compare it too how can he say if its 2 db louder so i reckon you could with an na or corsa or something "/

so we spoke too pc smith today he said the legal limit now is 72db for a fwd car and 84 for a four wheel drive, he said they have to comply wth uk law so weather they re imported with loud exhaust or not they have too be quieter than 72db to comply with uk law, still said about the ferraris and like big american V8's but he avoided that and said he d see us tuesday to test the exhaust with the baffle in "/ all i got now is the VOSA mot point and the ferrari's and americain muscle cars and the fact that you only get this in suffolk and no other county FUCK I HATE THE OINKY OINK OINK OINK PIGS im all legal and they r estill harrasing me i honestly am like WTF so id be better in a ferrari going everywhere in 1st or 2nd gear??? but cause i spend over 100 grand im legal?? cunts

mate and when my dad said about the ferraris he said yes well alot of thats "engine noise" i mean WTF ima go in ferrari on monday and talk to them :)

mate and i know the law just changes every day he told me it was 78db the other week and now this week its 72db well boys watch out cause next week its 66db :)

its just the thing if i live in essex then im okay or if i buy an expensive car im okay??? its just utter bollocks

so the police are round tonight

and remember them saying that any car louder than 72dB is illegal, well guess what the new GTR comes off the line at? belows the email from nissan

Thank you for your e-mail to Nissan regarding the noise level of the Nissan GT-R exhaust.

The standard exhaust on a Nissan GT-R makes 82 dB of noise while stationary, however on the drive-by test this drops to 70.3 dB which passes the European Directives.

Please note the figures above are for the standard exhaust supplied with the Nissan GT-R and many customers fit non Nissan parts which are louder.

interesting hey

i put the baffle in as he s coming round to test with the baffle and dont want him too be like your wasting police time :L

update will be later after they ve been

2 wheel drive 74dB

4 wheel drive 82dB (or 4 wheel drive capability)

right turns out the officer was well alright basically the noise tester is off being calibrated

so used a sound level meter 118dB with the baffle in :D but like he said its reading all sounds like cars going by wind everything

he said that its up too me if i want too run the risk or not, he could see id done my research and and was alright he said its my discretion if i want to prohibit you i can but if your all alright and dont lie accept the fine and are pleasant chances are thats where it ends.

he said i really need to speak to Blitz and see if they can manufacture a better bung.

cause a scooby he stopped was 120dB (sounds to me like it was double de catted :) )

so up to me weather i run the risk or not, i could come across an alright officer like him or an arse :)