driving home down the a12 main road bang police pull me over, i knew they were behind me you can tell by their headlights any way here we go again exhaust is too loud so they do a decibel check i ve blown 98 and im only alloud 78 :) he issues me with the £30 fine and says if im caught again they can give me a prohibition notice to take my car off the road and take me too court to recieve a larger fine, this has happened too me once before already, apparently and as confirmed last time anything louder than a standards illegal :) so after this im giving up with my car, im going to put her in storge and just use my mums standard starlet, im not gonna spend any more on the insurance so they ll loose out im not gonna spend anymore on parts so businesses will loose out and im gonna use all my wages to drink myself stupid each weekend and make myself a real problem to the public and the police :)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well whoever said an exhaust louder than standard can't be telling the truth. All performance exhausts have to go through scrutinizing to make sure they're legal for road use. If they arent, like a Buddy Club spec 2 for example then they are classed as track exhausts and illegal for road use :)

I ve had this problem before and I ve also herd of 98db and I will fight it as I remember from last time the meter has to be 6 meters from the back of the car and raised a meter into the air in an open area ie not down a street thing is like I'm arguing today there must be a value for them to say that this is louder than standard cause I know my car ain't as loud as say a ferrari or lambo when that starts going so the point that's getting argued today is that for them too say it's louder than standard they must have to have a reading for a standard glanza? I dunno what a standard glanza db reading is and I'm sure not alot of people do, also the back round was 56db so surely you minus that off the exhaust reading? This test was different tho last time copper said 98db and it blew 118db so it's all a bit strange also he tried writing it was a starlet on the ticket but I said that's a different car, this is a Glanza too which he said can you spell that :)

i got pulled for my sound system a while back and it goes of the same law of noise pollution anything over 98db but how can a police man tell jus by hearing how loud your car is with out the proper equipment jus like speeding how can a police man do u for speeding with out proof jus sayin it looked like u were doin over 40 police are all bullshitters. theyve got nothin better to do i got pulled outside my own house and asked why i wasnt parked on my drive then tried tellin me certain parts of my car were illigal but i put him straight on the fact my lights are emarked and a few other bits the police make it up as they go along

so funny thing i tried talking to a police officer today no luck wanted to speak to a trafic officer cause they know the traffic law better quoting a police lady, anyway it turns out traffic officers wont ever meet face to face in a station unless you have done something wrong the only way too contact them is by phone or e mail so tried by phone too pc smith the man who stopped me last night, no luck straight too voice mail however this is where it gets funny, we see a traffic officer in a lay by on the way home so pulled in with my dad, went to talk too him he was most friendly my dad goes id like to know the law he goes the law on what, my dad goes on exhausts ben got stopped last night and id like to know the limit on what makes them legal or illegal, he just clammed up its not for me to say its between you and the other officer im not gettig involed my dad said im not asking you to get involed i just want too know the law, police man goes im not getting involved you need to speak too pc smith so me and my dad walked off laughing basically.

if there is a regulation as anyone in the trades will know, a reg is a reg, for me in electrics someone said too me can i put a light in a bathroom id say yes aslong as its ip rated bam theres your reg and any electrician should say the same.

so why isnt this the same for the police???

there all on a power trip... i was sat at some trafficlights in a smallish town on my way back from work, in my company car (standard audio system) with metallica - Enter Sandman playing on a volume of 40 (goes up to 45) when a PCSO comes up to the car and tells me to turn it down... i said pardon and turned it down to see what he said, and he repeated "i asked you to turn down the music as you are Disturbing the Peace!" at that point i cranked the volume back up to 45 and drove on as the lights went green!

he stood there shocked that i didnt give a shit and took my plates down... what can he do? he was some speccy matchstick twat that you could tell was a grass at school and and must have got bullied for it.

if i get a ticket or something, imma say he tried touching me in special places, so i had to drive off!

not trying to rub it in lol but for once i had a good experience with a cop on saturday night, i went through brum to go look at the totty lol, so police are everywhere, anyway i give the car a quick blip past 2 fit coppers chattering away and they was watching me lol. so the totty was that good i decided to go though a second time............. then i came to by the 2 fit women coppers (blond and a brunette) and they walk in the road towards me, so i go to my mate "oh here we go" i await my bollocking, but no she said "nice set of wheels matey" lol was funny as fuck at the time i just wanted to put them in the boot and drive off :)

The police have no proof its louder than standard. they dont have it on record as its imported and they cant say anything unless its above the 98db.

Skyline owners have a lot of problems with these pricks and i know first hand they cant do shit as they cant prove it aint standard!

The police have no proof its louder than standard. they dont have it on record as its imported and they cant say anything unless its above the 98db.

Skyline owners have a lot of problems with these pricks and i know first hand they cant do shit as they cant prove it aint standard!

this is what i hope i really do cause i actually found the law on it last night :)