Failed Mot on Emissions, help

heres a list of what it failed on: :)

Nearside Front position lamp(s) incorrect colour (1.1.A.2c)

Offside Front position lamp(s) incorrect colour (1.1.A.2c)

Nearside Headlamp aim too high (1.8)

Offside Headlamp aim too high (1.8)

Nearside Registration plate lamp bulb not working (1.1.C.1c)

Rear fog lamp obviously incorrectly positioned (1.3.2a)

Exhaust emissions carbon monoxide content after 2nd fast idle excessive (7.3.D.2b)

Exhaust emissions hydrocarbon content after 2nd fast idle excessive (7.3.D.2b)

all of these are easily enough fixed just the emissions thats annoyin, my cars a 93 gt registered on december 31st 1992, i am sure this means it has only got to pass a basic emissions test ie just idling?

also, i am running a full 2-1/2 s/s exhaust with gutted cat, rrfpr and fcd, front mount intercooler, my regulator is set at 2.6bar fuel, any idea if it will be enough to pass emissions test just turning it down to 2.4bar as when i put the standard fuel regulator back on it runs crap and backfires high up the rev range, cheers :)

u shouldnt of had a full emissions test mate just an idle test

yeah i thot so tryed to explain that to the guy but he was sure it needed that emissions test :)

hav turned the regulator down to 2.4bar now and it will be goin for a retest tomorrow

ask him what he put in on the emissions test? cause theres nothing on the database for an emissions test for a GT so he's got no data to compare it too

hence why a proper emissions test is not needed

ask him what he put in on the emissions test? cause theres nothing on the database for an emissions test for a GT so he's got no data to compare it too

hence why a proper emissions test is not needed

i will ask when i take it back in should be friday, waiting for a cat to arrive then am just goin to put the standard regulator back on and see if it passes

rear fog lamp incorrectly positioned ? i thought it just had to be anywhere on the rear bumper ?

What he said, I will be fitting a rear fog for my MOT and need to know where it goes

What he said, I will be fitting a rear fog for my MOT and need to know where it goes

has to be in the centre or to the right hand side of the bumper. Failed my mot because i put it on the left lol.

am sure its after k reg 1993 i think the cat new emmissions rules came in, before that i think carbon monoxide can be as high as 3.0 this is wat i had my old scirroco GTX set to and just made it past every time, that was a 1990. check for a leaking or dribbling injector if your HC high (unburnt fuel). wat colour are your plugs and check for fault codes as a faulty air temp sensor or missing termostate are som of the comon problems with high carbon monoxide and hydro carbons, can u tell me wat your O2 read at. if this was high then you have a ignition problem or exhaust leak i would say.

I think you only need a full emissions test is the car is registered after July/Aug 1995

Well the bloke i use for my m.o.t reckons that because our cars are jap imports that he can not test the fuelling under british laws, therefore my glanza only requires a base idle test.

Hope this helps,

Joe

having a gutted cat is a sure fire way to fail cause of emissions, because the cat takes the bad stuff out of it, thats why when u run a car too rich with a cat converter it fouls up and falls apart, because its lifespan has been shortened by a large amount.

in australia, every car manufactured after 1986 i think it is came out with a cat converter, and if u are found driving a car with no cat in it, the fine can be up to 10 000 dollars... its so bad, but so many people run the risk, i have taken mine out of the starlet because mine runs on race gas (leaded fuel) at the track, and leaded fuel just kills cats