right im getting myself so confused etc with what turbo i want i need some good advice or a good slap so please help

first of all i have a wepr power up kit 1.5" runners , if i was to buy a td04 adapter plate and keep my mani , would the smaller runners improve lag ?

also when does full boost appear on a standard engine with a td04 ? ____ RPM?

also when does full boost appear on a standard engine with a ct12 ? ____ RPM?

basically this is the argument in my head

ct12 (the one i want) 230bhp ish but its = £570

TD04 230bhp ish but its = £70ish

so my two options are

keep my manifold kit , buy a new downpipe for td04, buy td04 line kit from TM-D , buy a td04 , shorten fmic pipe route, ecu and map

sell my manifold kit, buy a whole new manifold kit , down pipe, td04, ecu and map etc

please help :( td04 is so common but i know ill be the first in norwich with a td04 , but i dont want a laggy set up

Imo id say td04 isnt as laggy as people say it is i didnt notice a massive diffrence in lag from a ct9 ( fair enought i had over the mani fmic) but i did notice 1 fucking big step in the power and if the td04 goes pop its a pretty cheap replacement than if went hybrd and it brakes for whatever reason

yeah thats what i was thinking

my standard turbo and over the mani fmic will probs be same lag as a td04 and shorter route !

how easy are the water lines n oil lines to fit , if i was to buy TM-D kit anyone ?

mine came with kit but it was just as easy as doing a hybrid water/ oil lines

only issue i had with mine was the rubber oil return pipe on my car had turned realy brital so when i moved it to line it up it cracked but new 1 was like under a tenner from toyota

TDO4 is just awesome mate trust me just get the set up instead of all the questions and that will answer your question with the huge smile on your face lol, boosts amazing and lag is just not bad at all obv set it up on the ebc for the turbo to spool quicker but at a safe level.

since been tdo4 it will wipe many cars on the road me thinks haha, also compared to ct9 theres just no comparison as its so much better.

well if i can sell mine for around £400 and pick up another td04 kit then itll help me make my mind up lol

but id have to make a fmic router, change the air filter bend, buy new gaskets, and all the lines haha

is there anything else id need ?

your running a standard engine ? when is full boost roughly ?

well if i can sell mine for around £400 and pick up another td04 kit then itll help me make my mind up lol

but id have to make a fmic router, change the air filter bend, buy new gaskets, and all the lines haha

is there anything else id need ?

your running a standard engine ? when is full boost roughly ?

i bought a fmic of ebay 170 and cut the ct9 piping in half it matched up to the TDO4 like a dream so that was simples!

IMG_0383.jpg

IMG_0378.jpg

no need for air filter, mesh the turbo sounds the nuts and mine is still running perfect!

water and oil lines are like 70 quid for the full pack lol gaskets like 50 quid all in....

boost comes in at 3000 rpm full boosting by 3700 rpm i think lol

i take it with the td04

the water line from turbo goes to somepoint on water pump ?

and the oil feed goes to sump - the same as the ct9 ?

water lines go from turbo to were ct9 waterlines go. oil feed/return go were ct9 oil feed/return goes no diffrence in fitting

not sure on what boost i make by what rpm ill check tomorow if its dry but trust me u wont be looking at your boost and rpm ull be to busy watching the road as u fly by all the cars

oh i was convinced it was harder to fit a td04 , haha i wont bother rotating the turbo either , and as im going externally i wont need to worry with actuator etc

so!! argh !! wtf now i need to refind me a manifold etc

Depends what you have the money to do. If you have a power up kit manifold I would buy the td04 adapter plate and downpipe that's on tgtt.

Alot of people that say the td04 is a lag monster haven't even experienced one :( I wouldn't say there's a massive difference from my ct9 hybrid, but full boost is much more fun!

As aforementioned, td04s are disposable and can be replaced cheap, gaskets are not alot of money from tuning developments, a bit of common sense should sort your intercooler pipe, a bit I had previously cut from my ct9 fitted like a glove and there's a chance your air filter relocation will squeeze on (unless it's from a standard ct9 maybe not)

Yes the td04 is commonâ?¦ because it works and works well!! what ecu would you be using? Sorry if it's been mentioned!

oh i was convinced it was harder to fit a td04 , haha i wont bother rotating the turbo either , and as im going externally i wont need to worry with actuator etc

so!! argh !! wtf now i need to refind me a manifold etc

The turbo needs rotated to point the oil return in the right direction, so I think you might have to! It's not hard and will make for shorter intercooler pipework

i thought rotating the td04 was hard cause apparently thers that lil stud bit that has to be dremmelled off

see now its getting complicated again , rotating the turbo etc lol how do i know where to rotate to ?

oh geeze this sucks

Haha, the hardest part is splitting the turbo cause it's baked together! One of the pins I cut off with a little hacksaw and the other I pulled out with a pair of pliers.

I'm not being a dick here but look at every other rotated turbo, manifold flange facing up, oil return and I/c end facing down! If you get it on the car and it's not ideal just loosen the clamp and adjust!

I get downs whenever I get near an engine but I just done all this myself to my own car, a little common sense goes a long way!

so with the td04 you literally crack it open , take off the 2 pins , close it all together ?

i dont get it though, cause surly if you remove them pins then the turbo will rotate under heavy boost when all connected back up ? no ?

lol im a retailer

I rotated mine and the pins are easy to get off, literally just get a screwdriver and a hammer put it against the little bit sticking out and whack it, they just pop off, 2 min job. The bitch is getting the thing apart!! I would say it took me about 2 hours to rotate both sides, as i had to whack crap out of mine!

Well worth the effort though :(

Haha, the hardest part is splitting the turbo cause it's baked together! One of the pins I cut off with a little hacksaw and the other I pulled out with a pair of pliers.

I'm not being a dick here but look at every other rotated turbo, manifold flange facing up, oil return and I/c end facing down! If you get it on the car and it's not ideal just loosen the clamp and adjust!

I get downs whenever I get near an engine but I just done all this myself to my own car, a little common sense goes a long way!

ive just read the thred on tgtt

ct9 vs ct12 vs td04

and im still not sure

ct12 expensive but uses td04 internals so repsonsive and powerful topend

hybrids are expensive , responsive but oil seals go quite often

td04 not very responsive full boost around 3.5k rpm but cheap and give a big bang of power

With a Td04 kit i got full boost (1.5bar) at around 3400rpm with a shity gizmo EBC

The only time youll feel lag is if you floor it in 4th/5th at 30mph.

Any driver with an ounce of common sense will be able to keep a td04d starlet on boost