Right guys, Silver bonnet fitted and we all know how well silver on black looks......... naaart!

Anyway slowly getting it sorted will update properly once everything is done etc..

• 4 weeks later...

Back to Black

Over the last month or so i have been desperately trying to get my car fixed. I was reasonably lucky as there wasn't any major structural damage although lots of important brackets and things seemed to have been lost/broken in the crash. :D

After taking the car as far as i could, it looked like this:

imag0214w.jpg

Ignore the old bonnet 'hidden' under the car!

imag0215g.jpg

I was hoping that the silver on black would somehow work, alas it didn't so i went through some options, was thinking about carbon wrapping but just decided to get it sprayed black.

There were still some jobs to be done, a bit of welding here and there, some spraying and a bit of improvisation with the headlights. So i decided to take it to the same chap who did a cracking job on my manifold. After a week or two all the work was done, which was fan-fucking-tastic, he also managed to take it for its M.O.T... bonus!

Got a phone car with the car failing/having advisories on the following:

- Headlights not fully adjustable (so can't get correct beam angle/height)

- Emissions

- Exhaust too loud

- The ABS light on the dash not working (could've been anything)

- Number plate was cracked

- Rear number plate not properly illuminated

The major issues were the headlights, emissions and ABS.

So i set about getting new headlights (cheers Shorty, great service!) as most of the brackets were broken on the old ones and they had some cracks.

For the emissions i assumed i wouldn't need a CAT but the garage said it was an automatic fail because it didn't have one.. bad times, i managed to borrow one from Ollie Ryan (another legend, with a great car)

For the ABS light i decided to order a ABS unit, although as a quick fix i just spliced the ABS dash light wire into the engine warning light wire (proper job!)

Number plates were pretty simple, i used Craigs Plates great service and pretty good number plate (if you can get bad ones?!)

I didn't bother addressing the 'illumination of the rear number plate' or the exhaust loudness, as these were only advisories.

I picked her up last night to put the CAT on, ready to take her to the garage this morning. :D

This is how she looked:

imag0222v.jpg

imag0219j.jpg

imag0220r.jpg

I had to get up extra early this morning to finish the work on my car, but it's at the garage as we speak and hopefully will pass its M.O.T tomorrow.. we'll see.

I am well chuffed with how she looks, Paul has done a grand job, i highly recommend him to anyone. He put up with my daily phone calls and wasn't afraid to go to extra mile for me.

So the next steps are to fit:

- Race tech TD04 kit

- Walbrow pump

- Injectors

- Emanage Blue

- Rear strut

- New wheels

- Air filter

- FMIC TD04 pipe

- Eyelids

- Gauges (x 5)

- Boss kit

- And finally a couple of well placed stickers

After these are fitted i will think about addressing handling.. don't worry uprated brakes are on the shopping list! :D

Stay Classy.

Thats a puka job there man, Shit luck with the cars but it looks really nice now, Is there anything wrong with the wheels I think they suit the car very nicely.

Thats a puka job there man, Shit luck with the cars but it looks really nice now, Is there anything wrong with the wheels I think they suit the car very nicely.

Nothing wrong with the wheels mate, might benefit from a refurb though. I just fancied a different look.

Car passed M.O.T.... BACK ON THE ROAD BABY!

Took her for a drive after work today and she feels great.. didnt have the heart to put my foot all the way down.. my confidence has been rocked a little every time i see a blind bend i have my foot hovering over the brake pedal.. :)

Have lots of random items i dont need now.. keep eyes open for a random for sale thread. :)

Cheers for all the comments guys, always nice to talk to people who appreciate her.

• 2 months later...

Arch Enemy

Afternoon all it's been a while since i have updated, so i thought i would.. :D

So since my last update i have fitted the new wheels which was a rewarding 10 min job. :D

After taking her for cheeky spin i evaluated that everything was fine with the new shoes and thus was well happy.. Until the next morning, i lift-share to work with two other people and their extra weight in the car must have pushed it over the edge.. either way it started to rub bad... every imperfection in the road, roundabout and of course speed bumps were a serious challenge and pain in my arse...

So after a bit of research on arch rolling companies i found Arch Enemy, they are pretty much the only mainstream company out there so i booked a time and waited with excitement.

Chazz turned up and blitzed it out, a cracking guy, here's a pic of the car just before work began:

img0308nz.jpg

Looks pretty weird..

Anyway after a morning Chazz was done and on his way, i took it for a test drive (with people in this time) and all was good.. very impressed and i would recommend Arch Enemy to anyone wanting arch work done.

TD04 POWAAAA!

Now i have had my TD04 kit lying around my bedroom for ages and have never got around to putting it together (for one thing i had a nut and bolt issues but Dean was very helpful and sorted that out for me) anyway I started getting some quotes for companies to fit and map the kit but they all seemed a bit pricey so i thought i would try and fit it myself and then get it mapped in a couple of weeks.

So on an exciting Friday night I began assembling the kit..

After 30 mins of grappling with it on the floor it looked like this:

img0310x.jpg

Powa hole:

img0312ki.jpg

As all was going well i decided to fit it at the weekend, if all else failed i could put the CT9 back on.. although that would be a massive ball ache. Early Sat morn the work started, it took me a couple of hours to get the old kit of:

img0315g.jpg

Out with the old:

img0316uy.jpg

In with the new Powa creator:

img0317td.jpg

Some time later, which included plenty of cursing, sweat and a little blood, it was in! (A bit like sex aye?!)

img0332qe.jpg

Looking good if i do say so myself...

But i came across two problems

1. The oil return pipe from the CT9 couldn't be used on the TD04 as it's just not long enough and the diameter of the Td04 oil return pipe is slightly smaller... wish i knew this before i started.. as i was now so close to finishing but a pesky little tube was stopping me..

So i gambled and swallowed my pride and headed for halfords... i was hoping to see a selection of 90 degree blue silicon hoses suitable for oil, but there was nothing... pants.

So i turned to ebay and swiftly ordered the appropriate tubing only £9... would have paid alot more for it if i could have had it on the day..

2. This was a bigger issue, the last thing i tried to do was connect the decat to the exhaust system, i had previously quickly lined them up and they looked good, but on closer inspection they weren't.. the TD04 decat was a little bigger than the exhaust which meant none of the holes lined up... and there wasnt enough room to drill out the holes on the exhaust flange to suit! :D

img0327vg.jpg

img0330c.jpg

i was bamboozled and tired... and upset.. lol

I got in contact with Ricky Lee and i am now in the process of getting the appropriate sized flange so i can weld it to the exhaust.. job done.

Hopefully i will be able to sort this out before next weekend.. as i have places to be. B) .. actually more like.. :p

Anyway here are some pics of the car as i left it:

img0331yc.jpg

img0333kt.jpg

img0335mr.jpg

So once this pickle is sorted i can get her mapped... but not before fitting some injectors and the walbro fuel pump... I am genuinely excited to see what powa she will kick out.

Stay Classy.

Omigod those wheels are sick!

You will love TD04 haha

Out of interest what exhaust is that? If I was to encounter a problem like that it would p*ss me right off! :L

Cheers mate i love 'em too..

Yeah mate you should have seen me when i found out i was lying under the car swearing for a good 10 minutes! :D

Erm it's a custom mid section with a nur spec back box i think. If the plate was only a tad larger i could have drilled the holes out! So now i either have to buy a new 2.5 inch mid section or weld this plate on.. but i need some monies.. lol

Ah it's custom, no wonder! I think I'll have to change my front section anyway from 2.25" to 2.5" when I go TD04!

Yeah you will need to get a new front section to get the full powa from the TD04. not too sure if it's 'bad' to run it with a 2.25 or smaller exhaust for short and or long term though?

You got an idea where to get the front section from?

I think it just limits the amount of power you can make, 2.5 should be good for 250bhp

And I'll probably be going custom, lucky to have a really good custom exhaust place down here in S.Wales :p

I think it just limits the amount of power you can make, 2.5 should be good for 250bhp

And I'll probably be going custom, lucky to have a really good custom exhaust place down here in S.Wales :p

Do you have any idea of how much that would cost?! I think my target is 230bhp.. that should keep me entertained for a while.. :p