Track questions about glanza/gt turbo

hi its me asking some stupid questions again i did search it but couldnt find anything.

im thinking of taking my car round brands hatch soon looking to just to do a "taster session" now my car has all stage 1 mods like suspension brakes etc but i want to make sure my car can be as reliable as possible and am looking at doing this more often if all goes well and i enjoy it i will make a full day of it soon,

im thinking i should buy a oil cooler now im not sure on where to buy one from and to be perfectly honest i dont understand what i need like hoses sandwich plate etc so were can i get a full kit from prefferably in the uk as import tax etc can be costly.

atm im using the stock rad was thinking of going civic rad soon as they claim will offer 40% more cooling over oem? is this true/worth it/ a must have?

3. guages atm only have boost guage, i guess i will need oil temp + water temp ?

is there anything else to recommend ? and what boost can be run on a stock fuel pump have a tuning developments here but i dont know how to fit? also tow hooks crash helmet etc any other must haves ?

thanks all hope my questions arent to dumb just want to reduce the chance of blowing my car up or similar

ive not had the chance to get mine on the track yet but i would sujest oil temp water temp and oil pressure for peace of mind. i got my oil cooler from the group buy on here and there was a 2nd 1 running not sure if its ended now tho.

IMO i dont see how a civic rad would give u better cooling than the oem 1 but i might be wrong.

uprated fuel pump is easy to change took me like 20mins first time i done it theres a guide on tgtt

just had a read of that japspeed oilcooler theres no thermo with the kit so unless your gonna buy a thermo on top id dodge it

thanks for your replys mate does the group buy come with everything included then ?

1. Oil cooler is beneficial on track, you wont beleive how quick the oil temp creeps when your out playing. :(

2. If your stock rad is in good condition, then it should be ok. If you get temp troubles then put a alloy Civic rad in, and yes there better for cooling.

3. Oil temp and oil pressure, is a must if tracking alot. Water temp would be next as the stock gauge is shite, once ithe stock gauge moves upwards of the middle position your already cooking the motor pretty badly.

Most of all, enjoy yourself, dont be trying fast lap times to impress anyone.

1. Oil cooler is beneficial on track, you wont beleive how quick the oil temp creeps when your out playing. :(

2. If your stock rad is in good condition, then it should be ok. If you get temp troubles then put a alloy Civic rad in, and yes there better for cooling.

3. Oil temp and oil pressure, is a must if tracking alot. Water temp would be next as the stock gauge is shite, once ithe stock gauge moves upwards of the middle position your already cooking the motor pretty badly.

surly a alloy oem style rad would be better for cooling than a civic rad?

also i was pretty shocked how shit the water temp sensor on the car is it rarely moves far on mine but looking and the water tempt sensor i put it can bounce all over the place with diffrent driving conditions

yeah i was just watching a video of a r32 and it started to cook oil so quick good video and all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFi9TAXZffo

no i dont want to impress anyone lol done few track things before but not in my own car especially with it being road car but im heavy footed and i dont want to kill my car, do i need toe eyes? ill get some guages, will swoosh ones be ok? i know they wont be accuarate but if they start to rise i know ill need to pull into the pits

@ Shaun - I can assure you the civic rad out classes the oem rad in our cars, my own car holds much better temps with the civic one in there.

@madmax -Learn not to be heavy footed, and learn to be smooth :(

Towing eyes, unless you have taken the standard ones off then i cant see a reason for needing aftermarket ones.

Never used swoosh gauges, so cant comment on them.

@ Shaun - I can assure you the civic rad out classes the oem rad in our cars, my own car holds much better temps with the civic one in there.

@madmax -Learn not to be heavy footed, and learn to be smooth :(

Towing eyes, unless you have taken the standard ones off then i cant see a reason for needing aftermarket ones.

Never used swoosh gauges, so cant comment on them.

i took a angle grinder to both front towing eyes lol