This is doing my head in!!!

This bastard ep is doing my head in.

after de-gutting my cat and putting a front mount air filter and boost controller on it, over boosted and hit fuel cut.

Took manual boost controller off, it still overboosted, fuel cut.

Lengthened the actuator arm out, in the end ridiculously far out, boosted lots slower, but eventually would hit fuel cut at a bar.

fitted stock actuator, boosts slow still, but will fuel cut. If I half apply the throttle I can keep it at .7 bar ish, but as soon as i touch the floor it cuts.

No way can I be creeping half a bar, the things a twat. Before i fitted the frount mount air filter it has mesh on the turbo.

There's a video of my set up, sorry its on an angle, crappy i-phone. All vacs seem fine, its just being a bloody prick.

Any help at all is very much appreciated, had loads of people look at it now and no1 can point out the damn problem. Like thread says whoever solves it ill send u a can of monster or a bevvy of your choice. Just a bit of good will haha. Or i'll paypal u some cash to buy yourself a pint.

Cheers guys

P.S in video the vac from the actuator, between the rocker cover and bov, is blocked with a bolt, this just made it not boost properly at all so taken it back of.

Why don't you send the actuator for me here in aruba so I can have a look at it for you :D

I think your air filter is causing it, the piping is very short. Fine for a bar but not so good when trying to run under fuel cut. Get the stock EFI pipe and S bend back on there and see what difference it makes.

It was running with just mesh beforhand though, so no pipework whatsoever!

I didnt think a frount mount filter would creep THAT badly lol.

The efi pipe had a great big hole in it from were it joined from the rocker breather. Thats why i meshed it until i could get the filter back on.

I'll try the mesh again maybe :/ Thanks for the input :D

from readin ya first post. The hks would keep wastegate closed for longer makin it boost quicker. Standard would open faster so would take more time to boost. But u say it Still cuts. So to me i would pop arm of wastegate and make sure it fully opens. From closed at 12 to open at 3. My downpipe Flange had to be nodded to let it open fully. Stoppin fuel cut. Hope that helps because a pint would be sweet. Good luck dude.

Alright mate, youv got the exact same problem as what i had! Your getting boost creep from the front mount air filter and gutted cat.

I was running a front mount air filter, gutted cat, hks actuator.

I only got the problem solved at the weekend there, i had to port my weastegate out and what a difference it made! Im now running 11 psi and not hit fuel cut since :D

You need to port your wastegate or go external wastegate, or I've got a spare turbo sitting here which has already been ported which you could buy if you liked.

mine creeps if i put my foot down hence why when im ragging my car i watch my boost gauge and balance it with the throttle around 0.7 and then i dont hit fuel cut my the cars stil suoer quick , instead of putin ya aitlr filter back or changing actuator etc just learn to control it

I could control it buddy but its bloody annoying!

Ill try relocating the air filter untill I can get my external wastegate sorted. I'll try puttin a cheap filter on first though, somebody told me to try that, and perhaps duct tape half of the surface area to try reduce creep. Who knows?!?!

Neil I've got an external wastegate sat here lol, but getting it welded to my mani is going to be a short while off :/

Let you guys know how I get on tonight, cheers!!