Brakes and Spacers

First of all my brakes are dangerously low on the front now so i'm looking at replacing both discs and pads up front. Just looking for some good but reasonably priced options, with links if possible! :wacko: Also, i wouln't mind looking into getting some bigger calipers/ discs if the price is right so any info on this option would be great as well!

Secondly, my rear wheels seem to be lost in the arches at the minute and it makes me sad = :)

6a141848.jpg

You can just about see in that picture how lost they are! What sort of sized spacers should i be looking to get and how much are they going to cost?

Thanks in advance! :rtfm:

Get some wilwoods and bang 10mm hubcentric spacers all round

AS much as i'd like wilwoods, i really can't afford them!

Will 10mm really make a noticable difference?

Try a Levin/Celica brake conversion dude, that's what I'm going for :wacko:

And 10mm will bring them out quite a bit but you'll probably need a panhard rod if you haven't got one already..and hubcentrics cost about £100 :rtfm:

Try a Levin/Celica brake conversion dude, that's what I'm going for :wacko:

And 10mm will bring them out quite a bit but you'll probably need a panhard rod if you haven't got one already..and hubcentrics cost about £100 :rtfm:

How much do these sort of conversions cost? And once bought are they fairly simple to fit?

Panhard rod is on the list to get at some point so will just wait until i have one then. Are hubcentrics a must compared with the 'normal' spacers like you would get on ebay?

Ive got 10mm spacers on mine

Hubcentric or ebay ones? Did it push your wheels out a decent amount?

I've been searching about and calipers/carriers cost around £100 or less, new Astra CDTi 280mm grooved discs (which just need to be machined down a little to fit) are about £65 then with pads that's around £200 for a setup that is good for street and track!

Check this out Clicky!

Lew has hubcentrics. Upto 5mm spacer shims are okay, but any more and there's not much thread to hold the wheel on you know? Hubcentric bolt on to the wheel studs, and the wheel bolts on to the studs on the spacer, thereby having a full stud length to hold the wheels

so that means mines are hub centric then amjad?

not the best pic but they bolt to the hubs and have there own wheel bolts they are 20mm, they have another plate to cover up the original wheel bolts when there done up so u cant see them in the pics. i need to cut my original wheel bolts down to make them fit:(

IMG00167-20110405-1312.jpg

They don't look hubcentric mate, they haven't got the "lip" on the inner ring..

These are hubcentric :wacko:

Spacers%20Hub.jpg

Here is a video from Driftworks, explains all about spacers and hubcentric etc :rtfm: