Few questions on 4E-FTE conversion!!!

Hello guys just wanting to know a few things about what i need to do a turbo converstion on my n/a

I know i need the basics like

Engine Loom

Engine

ECU ect

But the thing i want to ask is do i need to use a glanza dash loom orr can i just use my N/A loom? if i do need to use a glanza dash loom then why lol?

Also is the black box thing that the king lead plugs into part of the engine loom? orr is it do to wth something completely different?

Also do i need to use a glanza fues box? orr do i just use the N/A's?

Thanks in advance :) im sure i will have more things to ask as i gather the bits lol

you will need the glanza fuse box. the box that the king lead goes into i think has 2 extra plugs from the glanza fuse box, cant remember without looking at it also you will need to re-wire the loom to be able to plug a glanza loom in with the n/a loom because the glanza ecu is 3 pin instead onf 2 pin like the n/a and gt ecu.

the easiest way you could convert it is put all the wiring from a glanza straight into the n/a along with the clocks heaters etc. just simply swap the lot.

my loom is fully converted to run ep82 engine loom ecu etc with the n/a interior loom :)

Dean

Thanks for your help dean :)

Hmm i thought the engine loom was part of the wireing for the ECU ect so is the dash loom part of the ecu heaters clocks ect? sorry if the questions are abit dum but im just learing as i go along lol

Ohh and guys i think it would be best to use a glanza loom then a GT loom would it not?

i have just crashed my 4efte sr conversion so i can sell you my whole harness if u like, with sr clocks and the lot, providing i can get my car off the insurance, and if your intrested a fully forged 265 bhp engine lol

yes mate, the 26 pin and 16 are mainly engine sensors and auxiliaries, and the 12 pin is for interior loom and power to things like relays, fuel pump switched power etc.

Hmm im not that clued up on the pin side of things..So your saying 26pin is the engine loom? and 12 pin is the interior loom? Because i was just thinking my starlet is a CD with full electrics (sun roof also has rev gauge like the SR's ect) so wont it be more or less the same as the glanza interior loom?

i have just crashed my 4efte sr conversion so i can sell you my whole harness if u like, with sr clocks and the lot, providing i can get my car off the insurance, and if your intrested a fully forged 265 bhp engine lol

Hmm im interested mate will get back to ya wants i get somemore info on whats what.

Fact - u can use the N/A fuse box. How do i know? because its running on mine.

Fact - you don't need GT/V indicator stalks. How do i know? because my n/a stalks are still running.

It should also be noted that WeeJohn found it easier to splice a GT loom into my 91 than to splice a V loom in.

Phil.

Phil I think maybe you should write a guide/parts list that you need for the conversion.

The only reason I said that you need indicator stalks is because when I made a thread like this, it was what I was told.

Thanks very much for the info guys ;) its all starting to sound abit tricky :) so i can be done two ways is that right?

1. use everything out of a glanza Engine loom dash loom fues box..do i need anything elss electric wise?

2. use a glanza engine loom then splice into my N/A dash loom?.. hmm dont think i will go with this one!!!

Also if i did end up useing the glanza engine loom dash loom ect will my sun roof still work? as most glanzas dont have a sun roof...orr would i be best off finding a glanza dash loom that had a sun roof lol? im not sure how all this shit works lol

Right so its best to just swap alll the shit off a glanza onto my n/a? the only thing im not sure about is how would i get the likes of my sun roof to work because the glanza shell im thinking of getting dosnt have a sun? ect

you will prob find that all the plugs for a sunroof are on the glanza loom just with blanks in them as toyota wouldnt make diffrent interior looms for sunroof models, just make the one loom and put blanks into plugs that arnt used

Anyone know if im ok to use the na gearbox and shafts?

I'd say both will be 100% as long as in good condition B)

I'm now running 1bar emu mapped and my 4EFE box is still going strong, it does have a Quaife which improves it a bit more but its more than capable.

The ratios are slightly shorter, not that you would notice a huge difference, however your top speed is definitely lower not that you would need one for a rapid acceleration/response ep.

For the record I will eventually upgrade to a rebuilt fte box with aftermarket diff just to see the difference.

Not tried a TD04 setup with it yet but we'll see what the box and clutch have to say about that.

Joz