jdm intake mani

im not convinced by that whatsoever.... ive compaired a standard 4efe intake mani against a fte one and i couldnt see any noticeable difference, (internal resoviour seems the same volume, and the intake plateseems to be big enough to take a fte throttle body) apart from the runners being shorter on the fte. i think it would make a nice difference, and i intend to find out when i have a fmic!

your only problem is the idle sensor, as it bolts into the fte mani, whereas the 4efe has it in the throttle body.

that would be pointless on a ct9 equiped 4efte to be honest, u would only get the gains on that if you were after big power dave(shamless plug yes)

@ rich

its all to do with, runner sizes and plenium sizes too, a standard 4efe manifold wil hold back a turbo as the runners(small and thin) and the plenium are a missmatch to the air that can be pushed in by the turbo, wheres the runners on the fte or alot fatter,

dale found this out when he swaped the runners on his 4efe starlet.

spi from a jamaican starlet site has tinkered with the jdm mani and extended the plenium to match a turbo aplication, hehad a standard jdm mani on a td05 powered fte and it drasticaly capped power, mayube due to the size of the turbo,

i will have one of these modified manifolds soon so will gauge by rr if there is any improvemnts to be made