HTC Desire Hd mobile

has anyone got one of these phones or knows anyone who has it? i fancy gettin one myself instead of a iphone 4? or is the iphone better? want to get a decent phone this time as my old nokia n97 mini only lasted 8 months.

any help would b appreciated cheers

get the HTC sensation, will be the doggs bollocks and piss all over iphone! So much you can do better on this phone than previous HTC handsets and iphones. Gallaxy S 2 is more plastic'y phone but good specs.

Desire HD is ok, alot of people complaing about battery life and software faults on this model. but if you stick the generic version and not network firmware variant it will work better and be more reliable.

get the HTC sensation, will be the doggs bollocks and piss all over iphone! So much you can do better on this phone than previous HTC handsets and iphones. Gallaxy S 2 is more plastic'y phone but good specs.

Desire HD is ok, alot of people complaing about battery life and software faults on this model. but if you stick the generic version and not network firmware variant it will work better and be more reliable.

cheers for that buddy. wont b gettin it then because the battery life was shit on my n97 and it use too freeze all the time n then it just stopped working one mornin lol.. htc sensation? is it out yet? might have a look at it.

I have a normal Desire, and couldn't be happier with it. With my normal amount of usage (I don't ring people a lot), battery lasts 24-48 hours or so in between charges. Tbh, if you just put it on charge every night before bed, its no inconvenience.

I have a normal Desire, and couldn't be happier with it. With my normal amount of usage (I don't ring people a lot), battery lasts 24-48 hours or so in between charges. Tbh, if you just put it on charge every night before bed, its no inconvenience.

so is the desire hd the model up then? im useless with phones like but want a good one. they good for music and internet? i charged the nokia up every night n would struggle too last a day on battery , and i hardly used it.

I find with my iphone, if i put it on charge on the night then battery is gone within 24 hours.

I dont call people a lot, but i do a fair bit of texting, and also facebook and other internet stuff.

the main time the battery gets hammered is when the missus plays games on it

I find with my iphone, if i put it on charge on the night then battery is gone within 24 hours.

I dont call people a lot, but i do a fair bit of texting, and also facebook and other internet stuff.

the main time the battery gets hammered is when the missus plays games on it

fair enough like. i cant decide whether too get the iphone 4 or the htc desire hd. iphone seems too b all round better for everything, but ive never owned one lol..

so is the desire hd the model up then? im useless with phones like but want a good one. they good for music and internet? i charged the nokia up every night n would struggle too last a day on battery , and i hardly used it.

Yeah, HD has a slightly better camera, bigger screen, and a few other things better than the normal Desire. With prolonged internet/call use, you'll definately see it eat into battery life. As for music, can't really comment, other than try and get some portable speakers for it, the standard one on the NORMAL Desire is a bit pants, but all inbuilt speakers are really. I can't say what its like on the HD tho. Using internet on the phone is nice, with all the standard touchscreen phone features (zoom, automatic orientation depending which way the phone is up etc).

The actual phone itself is really well built, I was surprised. Nice quality materials etc etc, they don't look like cheap plastic. Dropped mine about 3 times now, and all there is is a few marks on the casing, didn't affect the phone itself at all! :(

Yeah, HD has a slightly better camera, bigger screen, and a few other things better than the normal Desire. With prolonged internet/call use, you'll definately see it eat into battery life. As for music, can't really comment, other than try and get some portable speakers for it, the standard one on the NORMAL Desire is a bit pants, but all inbuilt speakers are really. I can't say what its like on the HD tho. Using internet on the phone is nice, with all the standard touchscreen phone features (zoom, automatic orientation depending which way the phone is up etc).

at least someone knows what hes talkin about lol :(. i meant as in music storage and stuff like that. some phones are crap. id use headphones most of the time or get a connector as well for the car , ill have too have a shot of my bros iphone 4 n see what thats like before deciding properly. cheers buddy :D

if you can wait for the htc sensation then it will be worth your while but the price will reflect the specs it has, the desire hd is quite the troublessome phone I've learned since its launched I've sent many for repair..it has a better camera,larger screen and a a gig more internal memory than the originial desire but its absolutely huge and youl be charging the battery twice a day. Dont settle for an original desire as theyre now finished and anywhere selling you one is off loading stock get the slightly improved sleeker and lighter Htc Desire S , which has android 2.3 out of the box , a slightly better battery(get 2 days with below average usage on the original desire so youl probably get 2 days of normal enough usage on the desire s. and it has a gig for apps internally getting rid of one of the original desires major flaws of low internal memory.

One thing about the HD is its huge, so certainly not pocket friendly.

I'm all for android, running an Xperia X10 and its all I need tbh, pocket sized and all the apps/bells and whistles I need for a ton (although I'm a sony fanboy :D)

After a little modding, couldnt be happier with it and battery is good. XDA is a shit hot site for getting a taste of what android has to offer.

Check out some of the other HTC 'S' series, Desire S and Wildfire S, slight upgrades of the previous Desire and Wildfire respectively only recently on the market.

There will always be new HTC's coming out so do some research and find something that suits you.

My next phone will be iPhone5 :(

Joz

i had the HD, it was a nice phone faster then the iphone tbh. but the battery was so crap, maybe cause i didnt charge it over night when i first opened it. i didnt like the facebook feature on it and there wasnt many apps.

I've heard the desire s is better.