ok, so heres the question, i got my saard fpr today, how do you adjust it is it from the bolt underneath the vacuum hose ;)

could somebody show me where abouts down the thread 3.1bar is, just so i can turn my car on with it roughly right.

also some pictures of where in the engine bay you have it mounted?

As above, loosen the nut that is at the bottom of the thread then turn the srew to adjust it. I wouldnt be "roughly" adjusting fuck all tbh! :rolleyes:

well, i cant see what pressure it is til the engine is idling, but i dont want to start it up on 0 do I :/

Im putting it on saturday, then just need to drive to the rolling road where it will all be checked

Mine is setup for 1bar of fueling on on my sard RRFPR and i can count 4 and a bit threads sticking out of the top. Stick it to that and you should be safe to drive to rolling road at least :rolleyes: Just try to stay off boost to be safe.

I'll go check mine for you now
Mine is setup for 1bar of fueling on on my sard RRFPR and i can count 4 and a bit threads sticking out of the top. Stick it to that and you should be safe to drive to rolling road at least :rolleyes: Just try to stay off boost to be safe.

1 bar of fueling? or do you mean 'fueling for 1 bar of boost?'.

Thanks for the rough idea mate. do you have a guage on it? what fuel pressure are you running?

thanks

ok, so i set it, and now until 4k it feels very boggy.

also seems to be struggling to start, have to turn the key for quite a while.

Is this running too rich?

I stress, i am getting this checked on Sunday at 10am. but i just want to get it roughly right

im currently at 3.1 bar (at idle, with the vacuum connected)

boost is set to 0.8 creeping to 1.1

Thanks

ok, so i set it, and now until 4k it feels very boggy.

also seems to be struggling to start, have to turn the key for quite a while.

Is this running too rich?

I stress, i am getting this checked on Sunday at 10am. but i just want to get it roughly right

im currently at 3.1 bar (at idle, with the vacuum connected)

boost is set to 0.8 creeping to 1.1

Thanks

Bump for wednesdays knowledge

Didn't realise you were going to be able to monitor it once it had been started!

What set up are you running? I'd set it to 3 bar on idle and drive off boost until you can get afr's checked. ATM 3 bar fuels my td04 well at .7 bar of boost on stock injectors.

i am running

stock injectors

ct9 @ 0.8 creeping to 1.1bar

relocated airfilter

turbo back blitz exhaust system (inc zisco decat)

JAM FCD

I have a guage off the fpr, in the engine bay, so i can monitor it on idle, cant really look when moving haha

Are you going to be getting afr's checked yeah? I would have thought 3 bar would be safe enough till checked as long as you aren't wringing it's neck but I'm no expert!!

im on the rolling road on sunday at 10am, when hes checking my afr :)

and i wont be on any motorways etc, so itll be no more than 60 or so :p

although i might turn it down a little bit, as its boggy at low revs atm

does anyone know what the standard fuel pressure is?

thanks

Sorry meant to say 1 bar of boost(14.5psi), and about 12psi of fuel pressure if i remember correctly.

IMG_0046.jpg

bottom left is my RRFPR graph, you can see the pressure through the rev range.

Mine starts up straight away on turn of the key though, it sounds like its bogging down with too much fuel pressure turn it down to just 4 threads protruding. Only problem this isnt going to be an exact science as the fuel pressure coming from your fuel pump could be different. I am running a Walbro fuel pump, what about you?

Just do trial and error if its still running crap keep turning it in slowly until its running smoother. After all its only got to get your to the RR

yeah, im talking like 3 or 4 seconds

maybe its just a common thing

yeah, im talking like 3 or 4 seconds

maybe its just a common thing

Correct me if I'm wrong but that bottom left graph isn't your fuel pressure it's your afr :)

You have to be running more than 12psi of fuel pressure, I think standard is 2.4 or 2.6 bar

Sorry meant to say 1 bar of boost(14.5psi), and about 12psi of fuel pressure if i remember correctly.

IMG_0046.jpg

bottom left is my RRFPR graph, you can see the pressure through the rev range.

Mine starts up straight away on turn of the key though, it sounds like its bogging down with too much fuel pressure turn it down to just 4 threads protruding. Only problem this isnt going to be an exact science as the fuel pressure coming from your fuel pump could be different. I am running a Walbro fuel pump, what about you?

Just do trial and error if its still running crap keep turning it in slowly until its running smoother. After all its only got to get your to the RR

so two questions

1. what sort of afr readings am i looking at for on the dyno? between what figures

2. if i want to put the fuel pressure guage inside the car, obviously i dont want fuel running inside.

so do i just get an isolator valve, then run a hose to the guage in the car and put the mechanical sard guage ive got in the car.

2a) if the above is right, do i still use fuel hose?

2b) what liquid do i use? ive read antifreeze, water and oil?

2c) do i need a particular fitting/size fitting to make it fit the sard guage

this is all.

This is about as good a fuelling map you will get from just a RRFPR

IMAGE_076.jpg

AFR is on the right:

Idle around 14-15:1

Cruise around 12-13:1, 12 being on the fairly rich side

Boost 10-11:1, 10 imo being a tad rich for these small engines

^^^ above is a very rough guide, its alot more complicated then this. you must consider if any knock if being produced, if there is enough fuel to prevent, if not possible retard the timing etc

The gauge isn't supposed to be run into the cabin, gauges ideally shouldn't be plumbed in past setting up the levels... but people do anyway.