thinking of leaving the starlet scene :(

well think the time has come to sell up the starlet, I've had it for nearly 2 years now and tbh im getting sick of spending money on it all the time and it taking over my life, thinking of getting a honda, something that I can buy and just leave it alone and spend money on going on holiday and non car related things, it's just making that decision on that I definately want to sell it, i will miss it ;)

well think the time has come to sell up the starlet, I've had it for nearly 2 years now and tbh im getting sick of spending money on it all the time and it taking over my life, thinking of getting a honda, something that I can buy and just leave it alone and spend money on going on holiday and non car related things, it's just making that decision on that I definately want to sell it, i will miss it ;)

me 2 not buying a honda tho not sure wat i want to do :p i no exatly how u feel

I know exaclty how you feel, i sometimes think why am i spending all my money on the car, you sometime just have to push it to the side for a few month, go out or save for a holiday etc, thats what ive done and theres no way i would sell my car ;)

Guest Enzo

if you have the option to store it then do that,

thought your dad was gona help you out with a daily like a yaris sr or something

i do know how you feel though

if you have the option to store it then do that,

thought your dad was gona help you out with a daily like a yaris sr or something

i do know how you feel though

Yep that was the plan but I didn't want to get rid of the glanza I wanted to keep it for the weekends but couldn't afford 2 insurances so told my dad not to buy me a new car because I'd rather keep the glanza lol now I feel differently :/

Coming from someone who has been in your shoes and sold up, unless you are really sure don't do it!

I got rid of the GT years ago, and regret it, as I thought it was time to 'grow up' and get a more practical car. I ran a 306 dturbo for a year then went to a paseo, an MR2 and now a Celica, but it is the GT I miss the most

yes that's true i know i would miss it big time but being a 20 year old girl who cant even afford to go shopping anymore well its just not right! and its getting on now, i meen the cars perfectly fine but there is going to come a time eventually when the engine goes pop then id have that to deal with

im in the exsact same boat as you, there maybe another breaking GT thread coming soon! the way i see it is ill do the whole practical car thing for a while if worse comes to worse its not like theres a shotage of starlets can always get another espeacialy the bargain prices theres going for nower days?!

im thinking exactly the same, love hondas but sticking with the starlet at the moment since its cheap insurance for the n/a and cant afford a honda and im crap at saving so just putting money into the starlet for the time being. But next year think it will be getting sold on ;)

although want to try see if i can get a mag feature as a n/a :p

Your a fucking gimp thats all I can say ;)

Would you leave a civic alone though? the answer is no, you'll want an induction kit then you'll think you want a nice sounding exhaust, lower it a bit and when you lower them most people by tidy lower control arms and camber adjusters then you'll get bored of the wheels etc and that £2k gone.

I just dont get it when people post like this

you chose to spend a stupid amount on it same as we all have

make a list of prices on things that had to be repaired for mot and i garantee u its nothing, any car u buy if its a tuneable car ull spend money if u want a car that dont cost alot buy a corsa or something that way if if does break u can go scrappy easily enough

just stop spending money on it? the most ive spent on mine is on an exhaust and dump valve, yea id like to do alot more to it, but the car runs fine etc so modding it isnt a priority, id rather have spending cash and my car, rather than modding the shit out of it and being skint, i still enjoy driving it every single day so thats the main thing to me.

but thats my opinion lol.

(ps. if you do get rid and break, dibs on the splitters ;))

You'd be a mug to sell up because of how crap cars are selling atm, then thats even more money wasted bcause of how much you would loose instead of holding onto it and getting your moneys worth.

my brother felt the same with his glanza,so he sold it and bought an mg zr as a runaround.that lasted 6 months then he realised he wanted another fast car so bought an mr2turbo,4 months later the engine went bang in a big way.so he bought a 1.2 clio as a run around and swore he would never get into fast cars again

so now he has an s2000,which he said he would never chuck money at.but it was only last night i caught him e-mailing someone about a supercharger kit ;)

i think once you have been there its hard to get out of it.

You've just spent all that monet getting it sprayed aswell? I completly no how you feel though. Sometimes i think why do i spend so much money on my car and it takes up 90% of my time. And i never have any spare money to treat myself to clothes and stuff. But at the end of the day its my interest so its 100% worth it. And i would never sell it unless i have too.

I was feeling the same way just two minute ago, because i need to start saving for a house...

But your post sorted me out :). I'll get my car back, enjoy it and then save for my house :)..

She isnt going anywhere!!