I know there is a lot of questions asked about 'why is my car smoking' etc however..

About a week a go i had my Japspeed exhaust fitted and when i go out for a spirited drive and then let it idle afterwards i get A LOT of smoke coming out the exhaust. This never happened when my old exhaust was fitted, i'm boosting the same as i always have and the car feels no different to drive. Water levels, oil levels are fine. A mate of mine (Joshua.J on here) had excessive smoke come from his Japspeed exhaust when it was fitted (only smoked on idle after being driven). Both of these exhausts that we bought were brand spankers, mine is fully wrapped but Joshua's wasn't. Just before Josh sold his Glanza the smoking had stopped all together so has this ever happened to anyone else after fitting a brand new exhaust?

What size exhaust is it?

Bolting a big can with even a few boxes removed will result in lack of back pressure, which in turn if the cars turbo'ed and even in n/a cars will result in turbo oil seals breaking down etc,

Pinky.

What size exhaust is it?

Bolting a big can with even a few boxes removed will result in lack of back pressure, which in turn if the cars turbo'ed and even in n/a cars will result in turbo oil seals breaking down etc,

Pinky.

Its a full Japspeed exhaust but the design is spot on so can't see that being the case :|

Yeah, mine was a bit smoky when I wrapped it, but it should dry pretty fast.

Might just be oil on the exhaust from when it was fitted.

It should burn off in about a week maximum, depending on how much you drive it.

Think i have found my smoking problem! Starting stripping the car down to fit the TD04 kit, took off the hot pipe side of the intercooler and there is too much oil in there for it to be normal! Oil seals gone! Lucky i've just bought a td04 kit.

Does this really mean that the new exhaust may have blown the turbo? Doesn't make sense..

no... note to do with zorst...

prolly just your ct9's time to pass away!

the first peice of sensiable advice spoken in this thread tbh, lol its just a an unfortunate situation that it died after the exhuast whent on, its a brand new system so it wont be the exhuast. it wont cause back pressure issues as a 2.5" system is the most common size upgrade on the starlet. and it shouldnt be the heat wrap as thats on the outside of the exhuast not inside it so if smoke poured out from under the car then maybe but if its whit/blue its oil plain and simple. ct9's are on average 15+ years old and all get ragged to shit so unfortunatly they die!