Clio 200s are immense cars but i would buy a GT/Glanza for a lot less money and then spend the change on mods. You would Ruin a Clio 200 in a decent spec'd Starlet too.

DO NOT SPEND 18K B) You'll only regret it, having loans ect is shit.

You'll probably sell the clio in 2/3 years for nowhere near what you paid for it and still be paying the loan with not much to show for it!

Definitely get a starlet! :p

Asking to choose between a Starlet and a Clio on a Starlet site is a bit daft imo its a bit obvious what you'll be told really lol. Go ask on a Clio forum and see what you'd be told the complete opposite I'm sure. They'res a lot to be said for a brand spanking new car dude.

i dont like finance but if you know that you will be happy with the car for the duration of the loan its great. your paying monthly for the car. when you stop paying the car goes you move on get something else you will always have a new car with no repair costs doing it this way, but you will be paying intrest this way so over the odds for the car!!

starlets are great, i cant comment on the gt or glanza cause ive not been in either!!!! :thumbsup:

starlets are easy to mod, fun to work on (most of the time), and a mint condition very tastefully tweeked old car is always more impressive than a mint condition new car!!!

anyone can own a brand new car and keep it looking hot but it shows dedication to have a mint old car, people will congratualte you on having a mint old car and it will comand respect on the road!!!!!

Personally I'd go for the clio, I had a clio 138 and never had any problems with it for the 3 years I owned it. 18k is a bit steep so I'd look for a slightly older version. I'll always remember the time I test drove the 197 F1, the handling was just awesome! If you can comfortably afford the finance then its a done deal surely?

A huge thank you to Blitz who took me out.

It was a lovely car, I do completely love the look of it, the way the power comes in, the noise - The JDM'ness lol.

However, I'm now swaying away from the 200 and the EP's...

Thank you Blitz, thank you.

...Everytime I Get Tempted To Buy Another French Car I Hit My Head Against The Wall Until I Pass Out...

Dont think i could ever buy a car on tick, if anythink ever happened you still got that payment to make....