Hi

I have a 97 Starlet Sportif. I have done a few mods and looking to get a bit more power.

So far I have done:

Tien lowering Springs

Cusco Front and Rear strut braces

full exhaust system from the manifold

hks spf reloded induction kit

blitz spark plugs

trd leads

Any thing else i could do it get more power?

thinking for different cams

Venier cam

lightened fly wheel

or possibly ae111 blacktop itb (does anyone know if this will fit?)

Anyone done any of this before or offer some advice?

Thanks

Chris

The 4AGE itb's won't fit unless you get the right adapter for it, but it will have to be customised to fit properly as only adapters were made to fit on the 3SGE engines from a company in the U.S.

As far as I know , the corolla 98+ model inlet will fit and gives you 25 bhp extra. Try an uprated fuel pump. Bigger injectors and a fuel pressure regulator to adjust accordingly. Make sure not to overheat the engine, thus having a good cooling system is essential. Don't blow the engine. The 4EFE was never meant to be a performance racing engine so think wisely on modification.

the corolla mani doesnt add 25bhp dude :/ sorry to say i doubt it even adds 10.

had mine RR'd with a rolla mani along with an induction kit and full stainless system and it made 86.5bhp from standard 74bhp along with an induction kit and full stainless system

with the glanza inlet and TB its made a much bigger difference over the rolla mani and n/a TB

that would be my first choice B)

no i believe the plugs are different, and the glanza S at the rr day only made 0.1 more bhp than amjads n/a, which was 0.1 bhp more than mine

no cams were made for the 4efe, but there are cams for the 4efte but i dont think the n/a head will cooperate with them

if your looking for more power without spending rediculous amounts of money, the 4efte conversion is your best bet B)

hello mate, yep the 5efhe 1.5 has higher comp pistons (11+) and is a frged part i have read, but i do need to measure the skirt to make sure it will fit the shorter stroke cylinder. the trd head gasket is thiner thn standard + stronger. the 5efhe cams have more duration and lift.

as far as the galnza s goes the dizzy is N/A (internal coil) but i have seen 1 running knock control and all the N/A i have seen do not run nock control. the s also has bigger injectors but thy have a bigger spacers on the mounts as the injectors sit higher on the manifold.

i have seen som of the newer starlets with a dizzless system, this system is probly the best (digital). and ryan on the money with the manifold thy awsome.

chris.