hel braided brake lines

hi guys, still strugglin too get this car on the road due too funds and the very little time i have on my hands , ordered a full set of hel braided brake lines from t-m developments, took a month too arrive ( note they were waiting for them too come in stock so not theyre fault) but only just got round too fitting them on monday, only too find once i had taken the earls braided lines off, because one burst durin mot that the thread size is different.

am i missing something here? am i suppose too ordered adapters as well or are they genuinly the wrong ones?? confused and very pissed off. anyway rant over

and thanks too t-m developments for keeping me updated throughout the order process

Did you order the right ones? i had to specify i had a ep91 when ordering.

yeah sure i did, ordered for the gt , theres only about 1mm t 2mm difference in thread size meanin it wont tighten as it just slips off, hellish confused!

totally lost interest in this F***ing car had so much hassle like

Sounds like they are the wrong ones. They should be a straight fit, best to contact the supplier and see what they say!

I have ordered direct from Hel before and they have been spot on! I had a custom made clutch cable (nearly 2m long) and they made the cable and delivered next day!

Sounds like they are the wrong ones. They should be a straight fit, best to contact the supplier and see what they say!

I have ordered direct from Hel before and they have been spot on! I had a custom made clutch cable (nearly 2m long) and they made the cable and delivered next day!

i have contacted them but awaiting a reply, no disrespect too tm developments at all, easy mistake either my end or there end

what amjad said. not saying you have but its what i did aswell. didnt take much force because the hard line and nut on the end were so old. also the front couple of mm on the hel lines male part arnt threaded so you dont get many threads into it before its as far as it will go hence it being easy to strip.

no definantly can tell its the wrong size, it slipped off while puttin it on hand tight so definatly not that plus no damage too the threads, i checked lol. because thats what i thought id done. must b the wrong ones then. bugger!

Did you get to the bottom of this in the end?

Do you mean one line/starlet takes a larger thread size to another? (M 8 and M10 ....or M10 and M12 maybe?)

First I've heard of this if so.....on any Toyota in fact. :)

---------------------------------

I can't say M 8 without a space, the forum changes it to "mate"! Argh! :D