possibly a new starlet owner soon :)

hi guys im from aberdeen, scotland and have my own local forum for the locals if interested ;)

came on here for your advice really currently thinking on buying a glanza but its already modified . 200bhp to be exact with standalone ect.

im from aberdeen, scotland and have my own local forum for the locals if interested ;)

are these cars good ?

what like is the handling ?

and common faults ?

heres a bit about my current car inc spec ect

i have a c2 vts which is about to be featured in PFC mag

engine mods are

4-2-1 mani

decat

straight through system

vernier pulleys

newman ph3 cams

remap

gsr induction

should be about 150 bhp and bout 130 lbs torque

power to weight is pretty good for an n/a engine

the styling mods i wont go into as you can see for yourself in a minute

what im thinking is it worth going to an older car ??

also have a corsa d which is soon to go as its crap lol

heres come pictures of my car ;)

DSCF2236.jpg

DSCF2235.jpg

DSCF2234.jpg

img9095qu.jpg

43.jpg

255133_10150199362402066_561872065_7412671_6077922_n.jpg

253430_10150199363657066_561872065_7412686_3037372_n.jpg

welcome mate do u have a link to the glanza your thinking of buying? quite alot of people talk alot of crap when selling them and most the time people on here can spot whos talking crap or even no the car in question and can give fair bit of info ;)

Welcome ;)

Ill say it how it is, I'd rather have an older Japanese Turbo'd car any day than something n/a and french (Ive been there lol).

These are excellent cars in my eyes, and can handle well with the mods.

Common problems/faults, I cant say I know of any 'common' faults with them..

Overall, if it's set-up right, they are reliable cars.

Jamie

welcome mate do u have a link to the glanza your thinking of buying? quite alot of people talk alot of crap when selling them and most the time people on here can spot whos talking crap or even no the car in question and can give fair bit of info ;)

http://pistonheads.com/sales/2812653.htm

im willing to travel and would like lower miles but what can i expect with a car this age lol

what like is the size of the boot in these things ??

looks fairly decent and a good price to me, he does mention a new CT9 turbo might be worth asking if its standard replacement or hybrid

im all new to this as ive only owned cars with n/a power and not turbo

does it matter if its standard replacement or hybrid??

Never driven a C2 so cant really comment on the drive of one...

But coming from an N/A Alfa Romeo 145 Cloverleaf pushing nearly 170bhp from an NA 2 litre was a bit... Strange.

Points I noticed:

The Glanza hasn't broken down on me once and that includes travelling around europe in her for a month.

The handling in the Glanza lacks feedback and its not the most predictable car I've driven. Even with an LSD it doesn't cling on like my Alfa used to and theres little progression from grip to understeer, but that could just be mine.

In a straight line the Glanza would eat my Alfa.

The boot is small, although with the seats down I can still wedge in my DH bike if the wheels are off and thats with a rear strut brace.

Fuel wise, probably be similar to the C2 if you drive gently on 97 ron + petrol.

A LOT quieter on a cruise than my old NA aslong as I dont get her spooled up.

Overall I dont regret stepping into an old little rocket, but its all down to personal preference, I do miss the Alfas handling balance and sheer speed it could wham around a roundabout, but the Glanza makes up for it by not exploding half as much and being more civilized (surprisingly) for daily use.

was thinking that about the mani mate.

the c2 is truelly immence handling was pushing it to the limits at rockingham raceway and no she didnt even think of going off the track which i was surprised as it was the first bit of real action it had had. will be mostly quarter mile drags and things i will be doing car wll hardly be used as we have another.

i run 99 octane v power in the c2. as i want the best for my car its been serviced every year and gets regular checks so you could say my cars are looked after. and also gets a full detail before the show season . i will be sad to see it go as its made a 3 page spread in a magazine but not reliable enough for me and i cant even fit my shopping in the back haha. got a baby now too and there aint that much room for her in the back either.

looking for a rather low mileaged glanza so dunno if i will go for the one stated. and the c2 gets a poor 25mpg

My Glanza if I drive gently can run into the high 30's Id say, goes niceley!

Theres decent room in the back, the boots probably bigger than the C2's looking at it, go and check one out locally to you they are bigger inside than they look, quite a bit bigger!

Nothing has gone wrong with mine though aslong as you stay on top of the servicing she will run forever lol