as i was driving to day my rear wheel bearing shit its self and is now totaly shafted. new 1 should be here tomorow lunch time how hard are these to change? any specail tools needed

no special tools mate just take caliper and carrier off then pop off dirt cap, then theres a 30mm or 32mm nut remove tht then hub cums off and thts where the bearing is.

no it doesnt just use socket thts same or slighty smaller size as bearing to chap it in, tho i didnt need to press or chap my new wheel bearings in.

Certainly on the glanzas with abs the bearing just pops into the disc. Its an easy job, only thing to make sure is that you don't under or overtighten the shaft end nut - it only needs to be slightly nipped up then check that the wheel spins freely but with minimal play.

Certainly on the glanzas with abs the bearing just pops into the disc. Its an easy job, only thing to make sure is that you don't under or overtighten the shaft end nut - it only needs to be slightly nipped up then check that the wheel spins freely but with minimal play.

ah fair enough when i replaced mine the outer case of the bearing had come away from the bearing itself and wedged itself into the disc was a right pain to get out of the disc.

something came up today so i mate offerd to do the bearing for me. he said the bearing went in with almost no effort at all he carried on and put it all back on but am still getting some wheel play. does this sound like a new disk? ( there only 3months old) or is it another prob?

cheers shaun

never done the rears myself, but when i did the fronts mine had about 1-2mm of play in the hub which indicated the hub was worn. i bought a 2nd hand one and it had no play so im guessing the disc could be worn