i currenty run 1 bar boost through my ebc, got a decat aftermarket ecu, full system,ported manifold, i want to know if anyone has done dyno test with actuators and what difference they all make, power wise? My mate had these same mods without the aftermarket ecu and made 170bhp.I know what the actuators do, but is £60 worth 4 bhp........

It won't give you any more power in outright figures but may provide a bit more power/torque lower down as it might respond quicker plus the stock actuator may leak at higher boost. Not all mods need to add power to give you a gain in performance.

^^ exactly. if the old one was leaking and rubbish and you change to something like a HKS it may 'hold boost better/reduced boost spike and decrease spool times' but all you doing is returning your engine to it original efficiency.

upping the boost via an uprated actuator will provide the 'more power' section :o

I can see what everyone's trying to say guess there's only one way to find out! It does seem a bit weaker higher end, I just don't get it when people buy them and put them to 0.8 when the standard one boosts 0.6 etc, just seems alot of cash for a stiffer spring :o

It's an easy way of adjusting the boost if you don't have a boost controller - but even if you do have a good boost controller a decent actuator will still improve the way the boost comes on.

You will notice a difference even if running the same boost - but the peak power will be the same.