well ive change loads of springs and ive just bought a second hand srping and leg for my SR all looks the same and is the same heigh and now its all bolted on the steering wheel is all over the place theres a scrapping noise on full lock (not backing plate) has anyone experienced this before ?

well ive change loads of springs and ive just bought a second hand srping and leg for my SR all looks the same and is the same heigh and now its all bolted on the steering wheel is all over the place theres a scrapping noise on full lock (not backing plate) has anyone experienced this before ?

Yeah I've noticed this on my sr, not sure why though, probably the fact the suspension is about about 13 years old and there never has and never will be a brand new replacement as far as I know, so it won't be in the best of nick?

any ideas what scraping? Is it the tyre on inner arches? Have this on mine! Can't see the spring being an issue! Poss the shock! It was off my sr which is 12 years old but was removed last year when the other front spring snapped! Can't see why changing a strut would affect the steering massively though!

Rob

right ive now tracked the car straight so sterring is all good now but still getting like a rubbing/creeking sound only right on full lock going right :S doesnt go it when going left dont no what it is lol

I cant see what metal would be grating on a shock! The only moving components are the the shock moving up and down and the top mount which pivots! The pivot in theory could make a grinding noise but would make it as the wheels turn! Not while on full lock! I would look at brakes or tyres on to the inner arch! Thinks which move while on full lock!

Hth

Rob

brakes seem fine theres a slight rust lip on the inner face of the disc but surely if it was that it would make the noise when braking ? ive took the back plate off to make sure it wernt that so still not sure

Could it be a wheel and tyre problem, I had a bald tyre replaced the other the day and my replacement went flat within a day. Turns out the problem of it causing to go flat was that the lacquer was peeling off inside the rim and when changing the tyre it had disturbed it. I had it rectified today and now i don't seem to be getting a scrape on full lock?

turns out the impact has altered the tracking so tracked the steering wheel straight and adjusted today and now no noise turns out the wheel was catching on the metal part of the inner wing lol.