wrx seats help me :)

i brought brad_ep old wrx seats which hes fitted imto his gt with modded rails etc so i thought hmm straight bolt in !!! nope not a chance all the bolts are like a cm or 2 out

0587e46e.jpg

1ae16410.jpg

anyone have any ideas on what i could do ?

will i have to get all the feet cut off and then weld my gt feet to the rails of the wrx seats?

i dont get y it fits brads ep but not mine ove measaged him but he aint on ere anymore :)

well what im thinking is that ill have to literally cut everything off the wrx seats so its just the rails then cut the feet off my seats and weld them on to the wrx rails , that should work only problem is how much is it guna be for welding?

or is there anyway of unbolting the wrx rails and mine going on?

yeah but then once ive done that the bolt on the back is to far away cause obviously the rails slid back , ive tried it alway forward alway back etc

on my gt rails the holes are 14cm apart on these custom rails the holes are give or take 18cm apart so no matter where i slide it its always out by 3cm

only one hole on each rail lines up the front left and rear right but i dont fancy having my seat held in with 2 screws lol

this pic is the front bolt in the left rail

a557c1a0.jpg

and this is the rear of the same side rail

1ae16410.jpg

see what i mean ? no matter how i move the rail individually etc the bolts dont line up

They should be GT feet on them already if Brad fitted it to his. Just cut them off, move them in whatever direction appropriate and re weld them on. Easy as that :).

Ive done it to mine, cut the gt feet of the original seats cut the scooby feet off them and then what i did with mine was have 2 bars per seat the lenght of the rail cut and welded the feet to the bar and the bar to the rail.

aint got a welder , thats why i brought these cause they was sposed to be a straight fit and one part of them has snapped by looks of it

drivers seat will bolt in with the 2 front and thats it unless u have a massively long rear bolt

and passangers side will only bolt in one front and one rear opposite corners its a complete bodge job and the seats wobble

If you do the marking out or work out the dimensions im sure if you took it to a local welder/Fabricator theyd do it for you and it wouldnt be dear dude

They fitted into Brads car so there should be no reason they shouldnt fit in yours i wouldnt have thought.

Unless you can find people with mk1/mk2 and mk3 Gt's and ask for them to measure between hole centres for the seat mounts and see if there is a difference?

i drove around all saturday morning and every shop / welder was around the £200 cause it needed a H frame made up etc

and heres a pic to show you the diff between the rails so they obviously wernt sitting properly in brads car i.e. only 2 / 3 bolts

e8aec07b.jpg

thats the "modified rail" on the left compared to standard GT rail

this is the bit which looks like its snapped or never been there

7e4f8864.jpg

and this one is where he must of had like a 8" bolt to hold the chair in place

0587e46e.jpg

if i use a longer bolt and try get it in the rail doesnt sit straight then the chair looks stupid