my grey GT, gettin ready for the summer

Well time to update, got the car back on saturday night and went to bishopscourt on sunday to have a go at the quarter mile. Best run i got a 13.77 sec @ 113mph. pretty happy with that, badly need a diff though lol. The boost controller is now in and there is an sti fuel pump from an impreza as well. So before the next one i'll try to get anti-lift plates and a bloody DIFF!!!!! lol

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i wouldn't mind. but at the same time, i don't mind giving it a blast for 14-14 secs at a time, but not sure bout round the track a good few times before the brakes are changed and the rebuild is done. A track day is hellish abuse on a car lol.

well for the mean time it has a fuel pressure regulator and an sti fuel pump so it is set very rich so it will run on full boost safely, but bigger injectors are on the way an will get some sort of air/fuel controller will also be fitted.

• 4 weeks later...

right, peoples, i'm feelin very ill at the minute, cause i'm thinkin of selling up. Reason being, i can insure a whole shed load of bigger cars and would like to own a few before its house time. Will kill me to sell if i do, but it has to happen sometime,

i have spent a total of £5000 on parts alone in the last year, then add on labour, plus the days worth of work jay has put in and myself. Also since its a rare colour it makes it quite unique, especially over in N. Ireland. Looking for offers around the £4.5 mark, but could be negotiable so if there is any interest then drop me a line. Here is some updated pics,

DSC00013.jpg

DSC00017.jpg

DSC00022.jpg

DSC00024.jpg

DSC00028.jpg

DSC00029.jpg

Thats a nice GT, i fully agree with idrees its a nice colour.

i live in lisburn so il keep an ear out if anyone is looking for a GT, as u prob know lisburn is the GT and glanza capital of NI, all the best :p

yeah its depressing me as well thinkin of selling it, but these things have gotta be done at some stage. Although, i'm startin to have second thoughts, lol, i might just say feck it and go the whole hog, forged engine, diff, big brakes, paddle clutch, etc, etc. Still dunno what to be at. But she will def be attending JAE unless there is any problems.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yeah mate, is a shitter that i can't make it to JAE but i will be there in a mates car, and my new aim is to get her to ten of the best, wont be for a couple of years, but i will get her there! lol

oh aye phill, will have to call over to the stand at JAE to say hello an have a few beers man! catch up from last year lol

• 6 months later...

well i haven't been on here in bloody ages, so i thiought its time for a re-post lol

i went to compete in the second quarter mile last year to try an beat my previous time of 13.7 @ 113mph, i had got that time with all interior, spare wheel, boot full of crap and over half a tank of fuel so for this event i had her totally stripped out, nothing in it at all an set up for boost to come in harder and earlier. but when we arrived it was pissin it down, standing water ALL over the track. Did 1 proper run an got 15.1 @ 102 mph but i have to admit it was scary, lol, spun the whole way into 4th an was pullin all over the track and thats without a diff!! decent time, but gutted i couldn't get a proper time in the dry as the car did feel quicker with a better set up.

i tried for a second time and gave up as i changed to 4th but still got a 15.6 @89mph as i had shut off. when i went into the pits, i opened the bonnet to check everything over and the engine bay was covered in oil! Game over lol. just decided to tow her home from teh AA and cut my losses as not to damage anything else lol.

Turned out there was three pistons cracked, so left her in the driveway to gather money and rebuild. mi16-chris from the gt forum helped me rebuild and without him i woulda never done it but glad i did. Fitted new pistons and rods, and did the whole rebuild including grinding the valves, fitting ALL new seals and gaskets so its basically all new. Changed the clutch as it looked fecked lol, magnecor leads, polished some bits and a few other things. Now i have got her run in, i'll be deffoe needing bigger injectors as its what it was cryin out for, the higher fuel presure before to make her run safe has knackered the STI fuel pump so another new fuel pump is needed, then i can get her set up again an runnin spot on again. Has been a journey but is satisfying when she turns over an starts, been a while since i have seen loads of vapour from the exhaust lol.

the start of it lol

chrisdoinhisbitlol.jpg

top off lol

headout.jpg

done

enginebay.jpg

bottomend.jpg

valves needed tlc

cylinder.jpg

also done

cleanheadpic.jpg

decided to polish the inlet manifold