ECU's for the EP91 n/a

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He means dont go together as in, the glanza tb is 50mm and the 4branch inlet is 45mm ^

also enzo from my understanding of what youve said (all 4efe's came with different headgaskets?) will the comp ratio not change?? In the picture above they are equal

aye i did notice that but still put them together

aye the gen1 must have had a thicker gasket as it uses fte pistons where as every other generation after that must have used a different thinner headgasket and the big dome top pistons to get that increase in compression

urmm it was 7.15-7.2 at a rough guess, only had a quick glance at lee's printout.

yeah thats what i meant asad, the tb is bigger than were the inlet meet.

im sure sparky's dad said when they stripped the gen 1 FE engine he had for the carribean everything was the same apart from the pistons and rods to the 1s found in the FTE which i believe was a mk1 GT engine

could be mistaken though as it was a while back so dont quote me on that as im not sure it was definitely the gen 1 FE

6.5-7k is the max anyone without cams will need this can be done by changing the crystal in the standard ecu (these are hard to get hold of tho)....can use a safc to map the fueling along with a fpr and a wideband so theres no need for a different 4EFE ecu nor injectors if you have your old ones cleaned to make sure they are at optimal flow

the 1st gen 4efe has the thicker rods i remember someone who stripped on down on here to rebuild it...purple ep with a orange block if anyone can remember

i think the current 4efe which most of us have share the same rods as the glanza...i read on tgtt someone in malta? did a test on both the "stronger" gt rods and glanza ones and they had the SAME strength meaning toyota obviously used a lighter but no less weaker material in the later 4EFTE engines

this ^ is my second gripe

people need to actually read and understand what mods they want to carry out and hows its done not just follow each other like sheep....ohhh corolla mani this.....ohhh glanza tb that...i need a ecu now etc etc running around for more power

you need a adpater for the fuel rail

fpr + hoses get one like this http://aeromotiveinc.com/products-page/regulators/ dont cheap out

a safc get the last one before the neo it has a joy stick control this model also allows two maps to be had

a wideband my personal preference is http://www.ngk.com/afx/

what setup are you using asad? the above stated?

and raffa hit 90bhp on standard reg and injectors were as i was overfueling due to the fpr so i only made 86bhp

so the standard fueling is more than capable for a few more bhp than people claim

re. about the crystal mod in the ecu, if you cant find one you should be able to just replace it with a piece of wire..then youll technically have no rev limit....so be careful or fit an aftermarket limiter..

im using a glanza inlet and 45mm throttle body with a k+n panel filter.....dont have any money otherwise id have the 100bhp trophy by now :)

you need to get a wideband + safc and get your beasty setup properly

i have a spare N/A ecu so will try the above when i get a chance ^

ive got a few plans in the pipeline to hopefully get me there, but what they are i dont know yet haha. ill leave it to the guy with like a zillion degree's and qualifications in race engineering chris aka nastyrash lol

Why we are on this subject of "power" whats the best size exhaust to go for along with the 4-2-1...Just i have a standard glanza exhaust system and was going to get it moded to fit with the corolla gen1 4-2-1 mani ect but not sure if the stock glanza exhaust would be to big for the N/A?

pretty sure the diamiter of the stock glanza system is the same as the uk at 1.5 or 1.75,

im running a 2" fujibutsu on my na , i wouldent really recomend going much bigger tbh, as the 4efe is pretty small, there will be a need to keep an amount of back pressure to keep some degree of throttle response

pretty sure the diamiter of the stock glanza system is the same as the uk at 1.5 or 1.75,

im running a 2" fujibutsu on my na , i wouldent really recomend going much bigger tbh, as the 4efe is pretty small, there will be a need to keep an amount of back pressure to keep some degree of throttle response

Yeah i did think they would be the same size but when i've put the glanza back box up against my N/A back box the glanza one looks bigger on the flange bit where it joins onto the mid section? because i was just going to put the glanza back box on my N/A system...So i dont know im going to have another look tomorrow lol..cheers anyway matey

you cant change the rev limit with the piggyback so if you`ve done head work, have cams...glanza inlet...glanza throttle body and extractors your powerband is right up there so will need to do something with regards to that

2" is the most i too would go on a N/A having a decat has shown no gains iirc

if you guys are using the glanza inlet and tb then your powerband will be altered, its the same set up as the 100ps 4efe where peak power (bhp) is at 6500rpms aprox . there for you need to change the quartz resister in the ecu to compensate,

valve float starts on these engines at around 7400rpms so watch out,

Will the ecu know what to do will air fuel mixture's ect after 6.2k rev's though?

Edit: just relised asad has answerd this one

WOW such a big update since i posted last time, well i have tried and test the corolla ecu at a breaker's yard and to no avail it was a let down :D

it kept blowing the ecu fuse and the engine management light was not coming on.

any way i have done a little reading upon what some of guys have already mentioned and i can change the crystal in the ecu allowing the ecu rev up to 6900 on the limit, so i want to know does the engine have a rev limit control? or is it done through the ecu or some form or electronics? as this is what i need to know.

Changing crystals?!?

This is farrr to technical for me :D

its just the case of un-soldering the excisting one and solder the new one in, the crystals are like £8 and that will increase the power as theres more top end using the 4e-FTE mani/tb on my n/a