Not anytime soon but im wanting to put a Glanza engine in my Starlet sr , just wanted to no of a rough price would be to buy an engine and everything that i would need so i could work out some price's.

Plus i havent passed my test yet ( i will have in a couple of month ) im just wundering what sort of insurance qoates i should be getting for a Starlet sr?

Thanks andy. :D

insurance for a starlet sr willl be expensive at a start ( assuming your only just old enough to sit your test ) lol so insuring an sr with an engine conversion legally will probably be difficult at best.

if you do a search on here there is a thread somewhere about all the parts needed. :D

Russell

It'll be cheaper for you to drive a standard SR for a year or two, sell that as is when you're done (as they do hold their value) and just buy a Glanza rather than molest a collectable Starlet. Your insurance will be less on a Glanza than on a butchered SR.

I know it's sounds stupid but if i put a lower class starlet engine in it will that bring the insurance down .. ?

andyy

Car insurance has gone off the wire this year, and even at renewal time you are bound to pay MORE than what you were paying before on the same policy regardless of your age, driving experience or gender.

Companies are hitting even harder on young drivers. The turbo conversion can be expensive to insure especially in the uk. There is no 'cheap' way to go about it.

If you register a lower class engine when you are really running a 4EFTE then you are falsely declaring on your insurance hence it will be void (you are not legally covered and basically not insured at all). So in the case of an accident or claim, your insurance company will discover this, not pay out and you will be royally screwed. this is the same with declaring major mods.

We have all been there and wanted a turbo EP when we were 18, some have done it and paid the premium and some decided to wait, drive an n/a for a few years, and are now boosting happily, myself included. Some in GTs or Glanzas and some in conversions.

Seeing as you haven't even sat your test, I'd say you may not even get a quote at all from most companies.

There is also the cost involved as so much needs to be done. There is no point in sticking a shit engine in as it will eventually go within a few months or a few years.

Quality parts and quality work will equal a quality conversion. Can you afford it and to also have it off the road whilst stilll paying for the road tax etc, quite a few things to consider.

By all means we wish you the best on getting a quote but many of us have been there and got the t-shirt so I hope you can take our advice into consideration :D

Joz

Car insurance has gone off the wire this year, and even at renewal time you are bound to pay MORE than what you were paying before on the same policy regardless of your age, driving experience or gender.

Companies are hitting even harder on young drivers. The turbo conversion can be expensive to insure especially in the uk. There is no 'cheap' way to go about it.

If you register a lower class engine when you are really running a 4EFTE then you are falsely declaring on your insurance hence it will be void (you are not legally covered and basically not insured at all). So in the case of an accident or claim, your insurance company will discover this, not pay out and you will be royally screwed. this is the same with declaring major mods.

We have all been there and wanted a turbo EP when we were 18, some have done it and paid the premium and some decided to wait, drive an n/a for a few years, and are now boosting happily, myself included. Some in GTs or Glanzas and some in conversions.

Seeing as you haven't even sat your test, I'd say you may not even get a quote at all from most companies.

There is also the cost involved as so much needs to be done. There is no point in sticking a shit engine in as it will eventually go within a few months or a few years.

Quality parts and quality work will equal a quality conversion. Can you afford it and to also have it off the road whilst stilll paying for the road tax etc, quite a few things to consider.

By all means we wish you the best on getting a quote but many of us have been there and got the t-shirt so I hope you can take our advice into consideration :D

Joz

Thats very helpfull mate thank's for that , so i am best off just running an N/A for a few years? i just put another post up about I-Cube insurance and if that would make a great deal of diffrence in bringing the price down?

Andy

No worries mate :D

You will find a lot of other members suggesting the same thing, pass your test first and get some ncb and driving experience under your belt and then go from there.

Starting off in a turbocharged first car will just end in a downward spiral in terms of everything.

Joz