Passenger Filter SMELL(HELP ASAP PLEASE)!!!!

Ok hey lads been awhile since i was on this but got the worst prob here wif my N/A EP91...

Ok well it started when i got a really weird kinda ginger like/vanilla/i duno how to describe the smell coming through my car once i put the heater on one day..

So i took out the pollen filter and well seemed like it fixed the prob for awhile(well a couple of days) but now the smell is horrible..

Then tonight as i was on my way home and decided to put on the blower/de-mister for the front window smoke started coming up through the vents infront of the window vents on the inside..

I checked under my passenger glove box and found like a browny clear liquid dripping down to the left of the pollen filter replacement compartment..

I then checked my radiator and the bottle is half full and a healthy looking green coolant/water mixture is in that but there is nothing inside the little cap ontop of the radiator????

Really need help!!!!!!!! :):):)

Sounds like your heater matrix is leaking. Not sure what they are like to do on a ep91 I no the GT is a bit of a pain. You can always join the two heater pipes together that go onto the bulk head. That will bypass the heater.

cheers man ill try that today!! The 2 pipes are the same diamater so do i just put a smaller piece of pipe between them to loop them around and clip them together??

• 2 weeks later...
wheres the pollen filter as sometimes i have a weird smell to ?

It's just under the glove box to the right a small bit.. It's like a large black box thingy and doesn't really look like its doing much but if you lay down and look under it you'll see i think its 2 black kinda thick pins at the front and one behind like a thin long rectangle door/cover.. you just pull the pin thingys out and pry the rectangle cover down and feel up inside the hole and there should be 2 pollen filters inside their so just a bit of wriggling and they should come out one after the other.. hope this helps but its really hard to explain :harhar:

If you have the Starlet handbook that came with the car, it says there under maintenance I think, under 'air-conditioning filter' or something similar (even though there is no true A/C system in the car :harhar: ). If you dont, I can get it scanned in for you tomorrow, but its a simple enough job to figure out when you're looking at it!