Got my n/a dyno'd today

Hi guys, im getting my n/a on the dyno again to get a baseline before i do the 5efhe swap.

Im running a pod filter, 5e-fhe exhaust manifold and a 2-1/4" straight through exhaust.

Anyone want to have a guess what it will do?

Im hoping for around 80hp atw.

Ill chuck the results up tomorrow and also get some vids. :)

id say 85bhp at the fly, what inlet is on it?

It's a coilpack 4efe so it's got the spaghetti intake mani :)

I'm not sure whether the readings will be ATF or ATW. What's the approx number to convert between the 2?

if youve got that and the rolla mani im gonna up my guess to 91.4 at the fly :(

Alot of stuff effects wheel horse power but it would be around 72 ish. most rolling roads give you the flywheel horsepower tho

Russell

if youve got that and the rolla mani im gonna up my guess to 91.4 at the fly :(

Alot of stuff effects wheel horse power but it would be around 72 ish. most rolling roads give you the flywheel horsepower tho

Russell

hi

that exhaust is probably too big so you might not get all the HP

my guess is 81 HP

lule

nice, whats the difference then between the 5efe and the 5efhe ? is it just high lift cams?

higher lift on the inlet cam and different head casting aswell as higher comp pistons and stronger rods.

5EFE's are around 93 hp (69 kW) at 5400 rpm with 91 ft·lbf (123 N·m) of torque at 3200 rpm

5EFHE's are around 110 hp (82 kW) at 6400 rpm with 100 ft·lbf (140 N·m) of torque at 4000 rpm

I chose the 5efhe to do as no-one seems to have ever successfully put one into a starlet without a turbo attached to it.

I just have to work out a weekend when my mechanic and electrician will be free to get it put in :)