A new Scottish member :)

Aye it doesn't look too bad at all, I was between that and a Quad light GT, but traveling is a bit of an issue for me so I ended up going with the closer car haha, I also learned that you could paint intercoolers which is kinda cool although my plans for an FMIC won't see the rising sun top mount last long, I really liked the wheels on it though, I've got a thing for decent looking alloy wheels so that's a big bonus for me, hopefully gonna strip it out and just have the two front seats. Possibly buckets in the future but for that price I can't complain. Just one question, what's an "S/S Exhaust system" is it a manufacturer or a type of exhaust??

Cheers

-Doc

Aye it doesn't look too bad at all, I was between that and a Quad light GT, but traveling is a bit of an issue for me so I ended up going with the closer car haha, I also learned that you could paint intercoolers which is kinda cool although my plans for an FMIC won't see the rising sun top mount last long, I really liked the wheels on it though, I've got a thing for decent looking alloy wheels so that's a big bonus for me, hopefully gonna strip it out and just have the two front seats. Possibly buckets in the future but for that price I can't complain. Just one question, what's an "S/S Exhaust system" is it a manufacturer or a type of exhaust??

Cheers

-Doc

Type of exhaust. It means Stainless steel so its more than likely an aftermarket exhaust of some description. This website is brilliant with alot of knowledgable and friendly people to help out.

John

This website is brilliant with alot of knowledgable and friendly people to help out.

So I see mate with lightning fast replies as well :) I'll probably utilize the fountain of knowledge of these forums quite a lot since I'm not exactly a car buff but I can read instructions very well, so as long as I've got a bit of guidance as to what I'm doing I should be golden !

Cheers

-Doc

I'm hoping that it's as tidy underneath as it is up front as I've still gotta get an MOT on it.

My first plans are to get it up and running then I'm going to get one of the non "woosh" dump valves in favour of a "chirp chirp" one like in rally, I'm also going to look into an FMIC and remove the aircon ect.

But I'm best to take things one at a time :)

-Doc

The chirp in wrc cars is actually because they run no dump valve at all, so just take it off - even cheaper than changing it!

Welcome to the site. :)

The chirp in wrc cars is actually because they run no dump valve at all, so just take it off - even cheaper than changing it!

Huzzah much cheapness shall ensue then !

However won't that leave a hole where the DV was which would be detrimental or is that how the noise comes?

Cheers :)

-Doc

You just need to bung up the hole, the noise is actually the air passing back over the turbo compressor wheel since it's the only way the air can go with no dump valve there. You can also get the same noise with an adjustable dump valve by having it set nice and tight then you can get a "Chirup" at low boost and "psshhh" on high boost - or a combination of the two. :)

You just need to bung up the hole, the noise is actually the air passing back over the turbo compressor wheel since it's the only way the air can go with no dump valve there. You can also get the same noise with an adjustable dump valve by having it set nice and tight then you can get a "Chirup" at low boost and "psshhh" on high boost - or a combination of the two. :)

Mind = Blown

Well thanks for the flood of info.

-Doc