A new Scottish member :)

Hello ukstarletclub.com !

The name's Rab :)

I've recently just bought [as of about 10 mins ago] a Glanza that was on ebay as spares or repair as it runs on 3 cylinders and needs a new turbo as well as lacking tax and MOT.

I've always liked the starlet and the glanza and when I saw this wee one on ebay I thought to myself "why not go for it"

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260839654343?ssP...#ht_1069wt_1141 is the Glanza in question :)

I plan to get it on the road just now since I'm just starting uni studying Sound Design in Abertay uni but I'm going to slowly build up the car mostly using the 200bhp guide thread ;)

If you guys have any inputs of ideas and anything to watch out with it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks once again.

-Rab

Should mug the Astra :thumbs:

Seems like it will need a head gasdket, smoke on the over run is the tell tail sign of the gasket going and obviously it now runs on 3 cylinders.

Should be an easy sort anyway :)

Theres alot of members in the area if you need a hand.

That sounds good to me if it's just the head gasket that's gone rather than having to replace a turbo ect so this could be rather good for me :)

And as long as the members can be paid in bear and good cooking for their help that'll be fantastic ! :)

-Doc

loks a tidy car :)

I'm hoping that it's as tidy underneath as it is up front as I've still gotta get an MOT on it.

My first plans are to get it up and running then I'm going to get one of the non "woosh" dump valves in favour of a "chirp chirp" one like in rally, I'm also going to look into an FMIC and remove the aircon ect.

But I'm best to take things one at a time :)

-Doc

Get some pictures up when you pick her up, get a build thread going to :)

If you want a "chirp" dump valve then it's the HKS one you're after :)

Don't worry, I will - build threads ahoy !

And thanks I wasn't sure I wasn't sure how I was going to find out but you've just made that a lot simpler ;)

-Doc