Apparently a small TD04 might be a decent turbo to use on my diesel, as the standard one (GT1549) is tiny and only good for a max of 140ish bhp (tiny turbine gives high EMP).

So I'd like to know what the smallest size TD04 is and some A/R trim sizes as I suspect it will be too big but TD04s are quite common on here so I thought someone might give me some numbers.

Found these specs for the TD04L-13G, which I assume is the smallest one?

Compressor

Inducer: 41.5 mm

Exducer: 56 mm

Turbine

Inducer: 47

Exducer:41.3

Just for reference, here are the specs for the CT9:

Compressor

Inducer: 34mm

Exducer: 48mm

Turbine

Inducer: 46mm

Exducer: 36mm

And now the GT15, which is what comes on the Rover L series diesel as standard, and is what I want to upgrade. Funnily enough it has very similar specs to the CT9 apart from the CT9 has a slightly larger turbine side.

Compressor

Inducer: 34.7mm

Exducer: 49.07mm

Turbine:

Inducer: 41.5mm

Exducer: 33.99mm

So looking at all those specs, it seems the TD04 could well be a good upgrade for my engine, with the possibility of being a bit laggy.

Try finding some info on the TF035 Ste mate :harhar:

Here's two articles to wet your whistle :D

Smaller than TD04L, quicker spool, similar characteristics and TD series flange obviously.

Comes from the Subaru Forrester Turbo. I'll probably try one much later.

Might be up your street however the regular TD04L is always readily available second hand, its just finding a nice low miles one.

eBay and the forums are your friend. Ted on tgtt dabbles a lot in different TD and VF turbos so could source you one if you are stretched.

Joz

Nice one Joz, hadn't heard of the TF035 before.

And I'm not sure on the limits of the VP37 pump, but should be able to get a bit more than 150bhp with some uprated injectors.

Just had a peek on ebay and there are quite a few TF035's on there from Mitsubishi L200's/Shoguns/Pajeros.

• 2 weeks later...