Motec is on and mapped

Well it's done at last. Drove the 3hrs to motec HQ yesterday for god himself, Dave Rowe to map the car. The result..... pretty damn good actually, forgot to ask him for a power figure (typical :lol: ) but it feels so much better and pulls a lot stronger from lower down. On the way home i was doing pretty well to keep with my friends corolla gti that he had done the same evening. I must start taking some pics and get them up on here now.

Any rough idea of what power figure you're at now?

Anywhere near the magic 100?

Not really sure, the manifold made a huge difference and the motec has increased that further, so there is a possibility of it yes. I've just emailed Dave to ask if he can work out a power figure from my map or if it needs to be running at the time. I think it can be done from the info in the map so hopefully he'll get back to me with a 3 figure number. :lol:

Surely even if it's in the 90's will be pretty good.

What you running regarding air filter by the way?

Some cheap rubbish cone filter that was donated to me, i'll be doing something better with it at some point though as i don't really like it. I want to relocate something down further towards the front of the car. It's a start though, a few other things i want to do to it aswell and then back up for another remap. I need to try and find a dizzy from a AT200 7afe engined celica as it's looking likely that it has the extra sensor i need to run full sequential injection. Not proving easy to find one to look at though. :lol:

Has it been de-catted?

Not yet no, this was just a first map to see what we could get and if it gave any issues. More to come yet when i've sorted the ignition issue, then i'll decat amongst a few other things i have in mind too.

Everything sounds good Mark.

Will we get to see the results of the initial map?

J o z

untitled.jpg

Not got the figure yet mate, we forgot to do it at the time, but i emailed him last night and asked if he could work it out from the map for me. So hopefully i'll know in the next few days.

Guys, i already had the motec from my last car so all i spent was the mapping time. I know its OTT for an n/a but i might as well use it rather than have it sitting on the table as a paperweight. The cost of the mapping will be offset against the extra fuel economy i should now be getting.

Guys, i already had the motec from my last car so all i spent was the mapping time. I know its OTT for an n/a but i might as well use it rather than have it sitting on the table as a paperweight. The cost of the mapping will be offset against the extra fuel economy i should now be getting.

Yea!!!

So stick that in your pipe and smoke it turbo owners !!! :lol::lol:

(Pissed post :lol::lol::lol: )

oh right, no i wasnt slating you N/A guys, of course i wasnt.

i was just curious as to why you have a motec system and mapping costs, when you could bang in a fte lump and have instant power gains.

The fte lump will cost me a hell of a lot more than the £75 mapping time i spent that's for sure. :lol:

What was the MOTEC on before and how much did you pay for it?

Not on this car no, i had it fitted to my 400bhp mr2 before, but unfortunately wrote it off so it's now on the starlet. I paid ott for it i realised after from owen developments, 2k it cost me fitted and (badly) mapped.

as soon as you get the figures let us know, im well interested how much extra you got out of it :D

what type of motec is it by the way mate?

As soon as i get a figure it'll be posted straight up don't you worry. :lol:

It's an M4 Pro. ;)