hit an issue when doing my 5e conversion. the 4e uses a worm drive, and the 5e uses a digital sender.

ive managed to get the digital sender out of the 5e box, but does anyone know if the worm drive can be removed from the 4e box?

i dont wanna just change the hole gearbox as my 4e one is a bit shitty

I saw a 10mm bolt on my n/a when i changed the clutch over, my old man undid it and tried to take out the speedo cable (didnt realise it had to be twisted out) he put a screwdriver underneath it and whacked it but the small plate area broke....bit hard to explain but in short it should come out but not without a fight

Mine still works

You can take the worm drive out. Uv swapped them over. You have to be really carfull. Take the 10mm and the little plate out. The round plate with the treads in the middle will come out. Usuall hard to get out. Needs to be pulled strait out up ^ try cleaning it. And pulling up.

I've removed one of these before it was so tight there was no way it was going to come out from the outside of the box (well it may of done but I didnt want to break anything). I removed and split the gearbox then tapped it out from the inside, I had to remove the box anyway to do a clutch it wasnt to much bother. I think I have a spare one in my box of goodies if you need it Ill go and have a look.

IMAG0507.jpg

Just had a little rummage is this the bit your after, its a bit dirty but should work fine I dont want any money for it anyway mate.

Came across another spare gearbox too that I forgot about lol so if anyone wants a box from an ep82 let me know ill do it really cheap as I need the space, but it crunches when cold into second gear.