POTN.com are awful!

What a bunch of fucking idiots.

Ordered some new springs for my brother's Starlet on Sat 3rd Sept with 48hr delivery which is standard procedure for everything on their site. One of his front ones had snapped same as my old White SR and so he went with some PI springs same as I did, after how great I found them! I had last Monday and Tuesday off work so was looking to complete the work and have it back on the road last Tuesdsay night.

Okay so they weren't going to turn up on Monday - I knew this so got cracking and did all the other jobs... full fluids, filter and plugs service, new brakes all round, droplinks, ARB bushes, track rod ends. Did all this by about 1pm so whipped all four shocks off ready for the new springs to arrive potentially on Tuesday.

Tuesday came, no springs. Okay, Wednesday they should be here for definite I told myself (don't forget the 48hr delivery promise!)

Wednesday, no springs. Hmmm, bit strange?

Thursday, still no springs. So I logged into their site that morning and found the order to say "Order Checking" - scrolled down to the key code at the bottom and this isn't even on the code so I thought right best email them! Needless to say I was pretty pissed off at this point - I had to take my bro to work at 7am each day due to the springs not arriving! Below was my email enquiry to them (I wrote it as if I was the one in my bro's situation, to make it sound a bit more crucial that they resolve it quickly!):

Order 188425 -

So then, where is my order?

I ordered some springs for my Toyota Starlet on Saturday with supposed 48hr delivery... It is now Thursday at approximately 11.50am - where are my springs? Because you can't keep to your delivery promises I have had to leave the car on axle stands and find a lift to work - not exactly ideal! So like I said at the start, where are they? Whats going on? I haven't even had a confirmation email or anything. I have been completely left in the dark as to where my order is; very poor customer service if you ask me.

When I log into the website, all I see is "Order Checking" as the status - something which isn't even listed in the description codes at the bottom. If the order hasn't even been dispatched yet then I will seriously be considering cancelling my order, and then paying a little bit extra to order these springs through Europerformance like I did with my last Starlet. Take a leaf out of their book, you need to improve your customer service standards!

Please contact me back by phone as I am currently at work and don't have time to keep sending emails back and forth. Not having a contact number on the site and making every enquiry via email is quite frankly ridiculous - particularly in a situation like this where a customer needs to know there and then what is happening with their order. Food for thought anyway...

My contact number is 07xxx xxxxxx. If you cant reach me on that number then please contact Jenny on 01xxx xxxxxx.

I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Regards,

J T

As you can see from above I also learnt that they dont have a contact number, all enquiries are dealt with via email... Seriously! :lol:

This was their reply -

Dear Jack

We have had a few problems with our system so for that i do apologise. I have just started looking at a few orders while a few people are away on holiday so im not sure what has been agreed but we have not yet taken payment but we do have the spring kit in stock.

Please advise what you would like to do with the order.

Best Regards

James

POTN

My Mum then took over and emailed back -

Dear Sir ,

My son Jack contacted you on my behalf - please send this order out asap & if possible to arrive on Sat 10th Sept: I have had a week off & it has been ruined as I have waited at home each day , expecting the springs to arrive as we ordered these last Saturday 3rd Sept. It has also caused mayhem as my son's car has been off road all this time & he has had to be taken to work each day at 7am- great week off!

I'm not impressed with the service and lack of contact - please sort this out.

Since this I have then emailed them again last night (Monday 12th!) as has my Mum and not heard a thing back! She has now emailed saying we want to cancel the order and we are ordering them through Europerformance tonight instead.

Seriously people, DO NOT DEAL WITH POTN!

They are a bunch of muppets and it looks like they wouldn't be able to find their own arsehole if they tried!

Also, my Mum decided to be a geek and ring directory enquiries and obtain a phone number, and even that when you ring it just plays a recorded message saying please email us etc!

As they're only about 25miles from me in Northampton, if I don't get a response by 12 noon tomorrow I'm just going to drive up there and speak to these clowns face to face.

In two minds as to just driving my Micra clean through their reception window lol

Rant over.

I've had problems withthese in the past ordering gt3 wheels. i ordered a set but didnt get any news till 2 weeks later untill they told me they only found 3 wheels and not the 4.

re-ordered again and another 2 weeks wait with no use. i didnt buy of them in the end

^^ Same! This was only about 3 years ago though; bought some 60mm PI springs for my clio ;) Didn't have any problems back then. Things must have changed for the worse now...

Hope you get it sorted! B)

haha, mine was a full gmaz kit also for my clio! :lol: