4EFTE Conversion Shuld I?

They are a proper company.The reason for the bad spelling and punctuation is because they are japanese.The company is based in japan.

It sounds awesome though.The engine is gonna be practically brand new.

Thats a decent price for a fully reconditioned one PLUS it'll be plug and play if you send him a standard wiring loom (Which i have spare if you want it!)

I'd just be careful though, get a price on all the extras like somebody said above^

On a side note though, if you buy a GT for about £1500, you get the engine AND the nice interior, and you'll easily make £500 back on top of that if you strip it!

it is a good idea mate and it is unique as not alot of SR's etc are converted to the turbo engine.

On the other hand mates its just simply not worth it, youll deffinently have a higher insurance premium than whats it is for a normal GT/Glanza thats for sure and with the money you spend getting it there you couldnt justify not buying a GT/Glanza mate.

Im my opinion, if you a want a GT/Glanza ud be best of buying one. Hope that helps ;)

On the other hand mates its just simply not worth it, youll deffinently have a higher insurance premium than whats it is for a normal GT/Glanza thats for sure and with the money you spend getting it there you couldnt justify not buying a GT/Glanza mate.

Im my opinion, if you a want a GT/Glanza ud be best of buying one. Hope that helps

I completely understand what people say when they say i might aswell get a GT/Glanza but at the end of the day its personal preference.

I would like that performance straight out of the box but i want to do it myself as i love the look of my SR and i want a sleeper that will show up a few cars.

On a side note though, if you buy a GT for about £1500, you get the engine AND the nice interior, and you'll easily make £500 back on top of that if you strip it!

I was originally planning to do this but as i dont have the time and space it would be quite difficult.The car would need the engine taking out, fixing up to the reconditioned standard then putting in the SR.Then i have the task of stripping the car for parts to sell.It is a good idea though, as you said i would come out better off.Its just a shame i dont have the time to do it.

Oh yeah the guy is from Malaysia so the engine comes from there or japan. Here is the company

I do appreciate peoples comments either against or for the idea so thanks a lot.

Well watch this space and if i change my mind idrees ill let you know :(

Ill post up any updates to this project as it will be going ahead.Just give me some planning time and ill let you know what will definately be happening

Thats a decision well made!!

All the best with her.. Remember when you asked what you should with £1650 and the first thing i said was 4EFTE your SR but you said you don't have the time, i'm glad you've changed your mind!!

I remember that!!!

To be honest ever since you said that i was toying with the idea and after going to the meets my mind was virtually made up for me.

My mind is made up though im definately doing it i just need to wait a short while as ive got a holiday to pay for then ill get the ball rolling.

Cheers for everyones help and advice!!!!!

theirs a M reg GT turbo breaking in my local scappy, engine is fine and running, as i test drove the car with light damage to the front, engine, gearbox, wireing loom an ECU, with the exhuast system, he wants £700 for it all, but im sure you can hussle him, because tht his asking price, thought i let you knw bourkey because you live in manchester aswell,

not sure of the miles, its in oldham mate, just off oldham road, if you want mate i can come with you to hussle the price for you, because ive brought quite few things off him, an he knws me,

I cant get it at the moment as ive got a holiday to pay for this month but if its still there next month ill have a look.

Thanks for letting me know :p

no probs mate, i can assure you it will be their next month lol, because hes got 2 other GT turbos, that have been lying their for a year, and they got mould and all sort over them, they dont sell well at his place, thats why he ending up giving me the seats for cheap because he knew they wouldnt sell, lol

When it comes down to it, it ends up with what you want mate, i'm also thinking of doing this conversion aswell, but im also considering other power mods not just turbo. Another factor depends on what mods you have done, if you have a bucket seat like mine, you can easily put that in the GT or glanza if you get one. On the other hand if you dont, the GT comes with a nice seat, but you have to admit people the normal starlet and glanza seats are as flat as a wooden board ;) .

But whatever you end up with mate, we'd love to hear about it.

T

• 2 weeks later...

Right ive not been on here for over a week as ive been quite busy. An update on this conversion is that Im pretty close to ordering an engine from japan, but ive found one in the UK that is in a GT that has had a bump. The engine is running at over 160 but id would like to hear a few opinions.

01010007.jpg

How much needs doing is the main question?

Also my mate who some of you may have seen at the Yorkshire meet is buying a starlet and doing a conversion like me so we are desperate for two engines now.