As above, been doing a bit of searching and so far found that supposedly the 5efhe has a knock sensor etc which means it would be a faff to run my loom etc into.

Is it not just possible to swap whats needed off my engine onto the 5efhe, and fit it using the 4efe ecu and loom etc? As in plug and play like the 5efe?

Thanks

Found an engine ryan;) No loom. And as long as the basics are the same, which the block and everything that i will be fitting off the 4efe is the same )Inlet and exhaust manifold etc) It will run, just not as perfect as a 5efhe ecu. And yeh gtstu that would be the idea when i could afford it:)

Whats the difference beetween the blocks? I know its basically a high comp 5efe, with a slightly different exhaust cam, differnt inlet and exhaust manifolds, throttle body etc.

So with my Manifolds, throttle body, and other bits that need swapping surely it will just be a high comp version of the 1.5 in the end?

Yeh doubt it would run bang on, but would get it sorted. Should be a fairly substantial power jump anyhow. Bloke who is doing it with me is a time served mechanic, doing daft engine swaps etc in scrapyards and works by day as a lorry mechanic and mechanic for a scrapyard, not much he doesnt know tbf! Said he could pull my engine out within a few hours, done the corollas before!

Mint:P

In theory it should run as the dizzy sorts timing the ecu just advances it plus the ecu will fuel it fine to. I used to run an astra back in the day with a 1.6 engine in it with a 1.4 ecu and it ran like a 1.6

I'd do it just for shits and giggles and id expect it to run

Thats what this bloke told me as well, said it should run perfectly fine as it the ecu can sort the rest of it out, while the dizzy has the timing bit sorted. will set it with a timing gun and check the A/F ratios when its done. Just gonna have a crack at it and see what the what is, worst comes to worst old engine goes back in.