youll need an adjustable panhard rod, rsr is the best one imo, rarb isnt essential but it does make a massive difference, and then youll need your alignent set up as it will no doubt be out after fiddling

Cheers dude

If its a road car and you are wanting to get a set of coilies like d2, decent tyres is all you need, if your driving hard enough for d2s not to handle your driving, your driving like a maniac... all the other arbs etc you will only get the benefit from on a track when you can push your car hard.

As above, get the alignment done, or you will set a scrub a set of new tyres off in a month... I know from experience lol

If its a road car and you are wanting to get a set of coilies like d2, decent tyres is all you need, if your driving hard enough for d2s not to handle your driving, your driving like a maniac... all the other arbs etc you will only get the benefit from on a track when you can push your car hard.

As above, get the alignment done, or you will set a scrub a set of new tyres off in a month... I know from experience lol

a lot of people do track days

or what the adjustment or ability to go low

a lot of people do track days

or what the adjustment or ability to go low

sorry i think you misunderstood what I was saying, i admit it wasnt worded the best lol

what i meant was a good set of coilies and decent tyres is all you need for a road car to improve the handling

I had d2's and t1-r's and they were bang on for the road, d2's a bit stiff but I compromised with the handling.

I have another GT solely for the track and yes, i agree, it could do with as many handling mods as possible lol

If your going to use it on the track, then yes the other parts will help, but not on the road, its overkill. Coilies and decent tyres will hold up just fine for road driving, and if they don't, you either cant drive, or you drive like a maniac on the roads...

I'd say that is completely wrong.

You'd be better off with decent tires, lowering springs and a rear anti roll bar than just D2 coilovers and tires for road use.

As already said the rarb makes a massive difference to the handling, very noticeable on the road and D2 coilovers are too stiff for road use, Meisters are much better.

Meisters, a rear arb and panhard rod then geometery set up will be a good fast road package to start.

I'd say that is completely wrong.

You'd be better off with decent tires, lowering springs and a rear anti roll bar than just D2 coilovers and tires for road use.

As already said the rarb makes a massive difference to the handling, very noticeable on the road and D2 coilovers are too stiff for road use, Meisters are much better.

Meisters, a rear arb and panhard rod then geometery set up will be a good fast road package to start.

Each to their own

Ive had 3 different GT's with 3 different setups, all for the road, the cars Ive had on track however are different again

tein springs

kyb excel g shocks

whiteline rarb

t1-r's

d2's

t1-r's

tein super streets

parada spec2's

rear strut brace

and can honestly say that the d2 set up was the best handling set up, gave good responsiveness, grip and also made me feel more in control on uneven roads than the other setups

handling is more than just cornering, the likes of handling of bumps / uneven surfaces etc all come in to it, and personally find standard or uprated KYB shocks useless at handling bumps etc

I know handling is not just about cornering (or roll stiffness as that would infer), I drive on fun but poorly surfaced back roads all the time and compliance from the suspension is what you need, hence why I'm on my 3rd set of coilovers.

I can't believe you would find D2's good at handling bumps though - have you tried a set of meisters? I had cusco's originally which are similar to the D2's and useless when the roads get properly bumpy, show them a smooth surface and they were awesome though.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers for all the opinions lads, heres my problem tho.

I live in the country, shit roads etc (potholes and rough, although most potholes avoidable at low speeds). My other problem (the main one) is that my girlfriends road to her house is a nightmare really rough and potholes that you could get lost in. Anyway i would like the car to be high enough so the exhaust dosnt scrape but want the car to handle well when driven slightly more vigorus than a normal driver (if you know what i mean)

Cheers dudes