phantom grip lsd solution for the 4paws

Hi guys,

I've been trying to get hold of a manual EP85 for a loooooong time now and not had any success. I occasionally see automatic ones come up on tradecarview.com but no manuals.

I was going to buy Gaz's when it was for sale but he decided not to sell it :'(

Does anybody know where I can get hold of one? I'm not too bothered about colour, spec, etc - just as long as its decent condition and manual!!!

Thanks!

I'll be the forst to reply with....Pm Enzo on here, he brings them all over :)

I might have mine up for sale shorlty but its a 95 and all ready converted running td04 so not as cheap :p

Cheers - I'll contact him.

Might be interested - let me know a price and what it comes with.

I am currently building a forged 5e, and have a TD05 ready to go on it, then will get it mapped on a Link G4 ECU. Aiming for 320-350BHP with supporting modifications. FWD is never going to be able to handle such a light car with that much power, so 4WD is a must!!!

Thanks

Thing is with these cars no one in the UK has managed to sort some diffs out which they really need.

Can you get diffs imported from other countries? If it was just a drag car, I'd get the diffs welded but I want it to be usable on the road too....

And even with standard diffs, it'll have a lot more grip than the FWD car!

Thing is with these cars no one in the UK has managed to sort some diffs out which they really need.

after a pm with shorty im speaking to a custom american supplier rite now with resonable prices, they already have a solution of the back.

the front is possible and they are willing. . . .

And even with standard diffs, it'll have a lot more grip than the FWD car!

aye loads more, pm sent :p

No, i want it for both track and road. Lsd's are a fantastic upgrade and provide more grip, they may be a 4wd but they arnt awd so an lsd will only improve the grip even more on road and track. I take it you have never driven a fast GT or V without an lsd then driven one with? The difference is huge!!

realistically when do u think a group buy could be arranged for these diffs guys?

and yeah the difference between LSD and non LSD in a normal starlet turbo is massive, but ive never driven a turbo'd 4wd starlet so cant rly comment on grip levels with or without an LSD as mine still has its 80bhp beast in it :p

Unsure of any time scales tbh, this is in enzo's hands as he is the 4paw expert so i have just passed the info onto him and he will take it from there. We just need to give him some time as its not an lsd in the classic sense. Just hold on a tad longer till we get more info from the company envolved :p it will be worth the wait though!

No, i want it for both track and road. Lsd's are a fantastic upgrade and provide more grip, they may be a 4wd but they arnt awd so an lsd will only improve the grip even more on road and track. I take it you have never driven a fast GT or V without an lsd then driven one with? The difference is huge!!

Only had a big power GT with the quaife atb and that still had no where near the grip of my 85. Plus you had the added problem of keeping yourself out of ditches once you lost grip on one side.

May make a difference but can't see it being that great for cornering speeds on the road.

Lol, well guessing you hav never driven an awd? Lsd's imprpve grip on any car, and given my 85 is headed for alot of track and over 300hp i personaly see a huge gain to be had.

Yep had two evo's, if your going to be on track alot then it certainly will make a difference and be worth the money.

ok finaly got another reply needing a hand with this guys (and gaz)

Hello Joe,

I believe there may be some more info internally, which I am researching. Although the best way to suit your diff with the proper part, would be getting some simple measurements from the diff housing and a picture of the diff, to move forward while I look around for the other info.

can anyone help find the pic of gaz's diff

after that we should be able to get gb prices on both parts

Im going to point the finger at gaz, ted and weejohn as they seem to have more info on the transmition side.

Bean: the cost will be no where near the costs of say two custom cusco diffs as they where looking to be 900+ iirc.