got a squeel noise coming from the engine area after letting off the throttle? it sounds like there air ascaping from one of the hard pipes off the intercooler but unsure? has anyone come across this problem before.....could it be the turbo itself?

any help is appreciated!

after letting off to me would be air going back through turbo. is your bov working properly. boost leaks are norm high pitched whistles when turbos spooling. attempting to spool depending on how much leaks.

after letting off to me would be air going back through turbo. is your bov working properly. boost leaks are norm high pitched whistles when turbos spooling. attempting to spool depending on how much leaks.

ive had my dump valve apart and cleaned as it was an old one i had off a mate, its working fine as far as i can see! im not loosing boost so worse case senario is shaft play in the turbo otherwise i have no clue? :)

ive had my dump valve apart and cleaned as it was an old one i had off a mate, its working fine as far as i can see! im not loosing boost so worse case senario is shaft play in the turbo otherwise i have no clue? :)

did you re-graese the piston and sleeve on the dumpvalve when cleaning it? as this can cause it to stick open and close on and off boost

did you re-graese the piston and sleeve on the dumpvalve when cleaning it? as this can cause it to stick open and close on and off boost

I blocked the dump valve and the noise remains. I've narrowed it down to the hard pipe leading off the inlet manifold as it stops the noise when I pull on the pipe! Gunna take a look at the turbo and see if theres any shaft play!

i had a hole on my intercooler pipe as it was touching the gear box i think, just get it tig welded a very easy job mate (if you know someone) just a 5 min job :p i had no clue that there was a hole but when i got it fixd it made a big deffrence