FAO auto to manual conversions that have change to a manual ECU.

I have recently discovered that upon doing my auto to manual convertion two years ago. Ever since until now I've been driving with resticted power (limited to 160bhp)

My discovery came when I did a ecu error blink test and I got a TPS signal code.

So I stated researching into what signals the TPS should have.

on the plug the pins are marked 1-4 on Auto

1 = Ground (0v)

2 = IDL (0v when TB closed)

3 = VTA (potentiometer)

4 = VCC (+5v)

on the plug the pins are marked 1-3 on manual (no +5v)

1 = IDL (0v when TB closed)

2 = Ground (0v)

3 = PSW (0v when TB open)

on map sensor plug pins are marked 1-3

1 = Ground (0v)

2 = PIM (potentiometer)

3 = VCC (+5v)

Well when you change the auto ecu to manual ecu ( I did because there were alsorts of lights flashing on my dash) you loose the 5v feed to the auto 4 wire TPS.

So I tapped into the vcc (5v) input to the map sensor and spliced it into where the auto TPS should have 5v.

The response difference was amazing from the engine it pulled for longer and no longer felt like the timing was wrong.

Which also means that you can also now put a auto 4 wire TPS on a manual by adding the 5v feed off the map sensor.

As craig n also has an auto to manual convertion with manual ecu I did this mod to his and he got the same results

Yeh next year on mm rr meet lol

I know that's what my problem was because the two times I've had it on the rollers ....

First 158.9 bhp

Second 163bhp

Both times compleatly different mods for the past two years I've alway thought something was backing my timing off and it must have been the ecu because it didn't know what the TPS was doing