tyres in carlisle/nottingham areas

Hello UKSC,

I am currently in the market for 2 x tyres for the front on my car.

I currently have on Pirelli P6000 which although were pretty good on the dry, they handle like a pig on roller skates in the wet.

Now they are worn down to just within the limit they are absolutely terrible.

Now I am looking for a decent pair of fitted 195/55/R15 tyres for the wet or an all season tyre as the weather up in Cumbria here is notoriously bad 99% of the time.

I am normally live in Carlisle but sometimes come back to Nottingham for a few days and was wondering if anyone local knows of any good tyre places? In Carlisle I have seen a few 'Gates Tyres' vans rattling about and wondered if they were any good? Likewise any good places in Nottingham?

Thanks in advance for the help guys and gals.

Jamie

a fello cumbrian! hey hey, im from workington.

i dont like gates as they just employ foreigners and pay the guys shit and treat them the same. and ive had some bad experiences there. cheapest for tyres is normally cam skill in whitehaven which would be a track for you just for tires but they do delivery then get them fitted where ever you like.

what tires are you fancying?

Thanks for the replies guys.

Bean I am actually a Notts lad and have just invaded beautiful, warm, sunny Cumbria :lol: . I will steer clear of Gates Tyres then cheers, I thought cam skill would be the place to go to in the end.

I have heard a lot of praise for the uniroyal rainsport tyres so may just plump for a pair although I have heard good things about the vredestein quatrac3's also hmmm.

I think I'll just nip over to whitehaven in the end and make a day of it lol.

Cheers guys,

Jamie.