Starlet; more cherished that the wife and has aged better too

Hello to everyone

I've got a 1993 EP81 1.3 12v engine that i managed to rescue from going to scrap, , , managed to get it for the pricely sum of £100, , , took very little to MOT it over the next two years, , , originally bought as a cheap run-around and for the wife to learn to drive in, , but i enjoy driving it so much that i decided to keep it for myself, , , had it now for almost 3yrs and has been ultra reliable with only normal wear and tear parts needing replaced, , ,

Just finished replacing the valve stem oil seals and cleaning the piston rings (gummed up) for an engine with 127k on it im amazed at how little wear there is inside the little engine, , , ,

Now i have to consider if im going to replace the engine with the turbo or bigger or just keep it as is and put my money into chassis and body exterior and interior first then go for an engine swap later.

welcome mate, they are bullet proof on that engine, i picked up a kudos model with the same engine for 200 with 172k on the clock and cained that engine until i did an engine swap earlier on in the year,

your ep should be plenty fast the now, so id probably concentrate on getting the weight out of it and making it handle better,

if your needing any advice just ask man