Coolant protection level?

My car is run on water and anti freeze always has been and always will be, and I know the Pucka performance guys do the same and alot of other big Power guys do it, coolant is coolant to me

So you just use any coolant then?

I use Toyota Pink stuff - that's pre-mixed, does the job at a price, and doesn't require changing for a fair period of time.

Do you know how many 5l bottles I'll need? whats the diff between pink and red?

Cheers

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know how many 5l bottles I'll need? whats the diff between pink and red?

Cheers

The difference between red, and pink is the life spam of the coolant. Pink will have more life spam. Regarding how much you require is something you need to ask one of the other members. I no longer have a V, and when I did my coolant change, It was out of a Pink stuff well :)

I went to toyota yday and got some, the guy was really helpful, i asked him how much i'd needfor a starlet and he didn't know but asked one of the technicians for me, which apparently I should have enough with one 5l bottle, so thats what I bought, and the lad even put me some discount on, nice to have decent service at a main dealers :)

Lets hope it is enough coolant lol

3litres of coolant or in total mixed? Thats a lot less than i'd read but as long as its less than the 5 litres i've bought haha.

Gonna get up in the morn and flush it all including the heater matrix, swap the stat and refill. and might do a bit of engine bay cleaning haha

Right i'm a bit confused n worried now....i've spent today dropping the coolant, flushing the whole system out and then replacing with the premixed toyota red stuff....and i've just checked it with a halfords antifreeze tester...to which it says medium protection.....im wondering if this is from the leftover water frpm flushing the system, and if so am i gonna have to redo it all or will it be fine?

i dont get why your soo worried lol , i put a new radiator on my car i stuck a funnel in the rad and poured in some water , then some coolant , then some water , then some coolant

it was full so i did the same with the expansion tank , i then ran the car to temp and topped it up and it was all good lol

i never tested it etc and its fine

i dont get why your soo worried lol , i put a new radiator on my car i stuck a funnel in the rad and poured in some water , then some coolant , then some water , then some coolant it was full so i did the same with the expansion tank , i then ran the car to temp and topped it up and it was all good lol i never tested it etc and its fine

i'm a bit of an ocd thats probs why lol....but surely new coolant should be maximum protection? (it is if i test whats left in the bottle, but not whats now in the car?) if it will be fine then fair enough...i don't want it freezing and cracking the head thats all lol

well its pure concentrate in the bottle aint it ? pour like 100 ml in a tub and add 100ml water stir it then test it
    NAH MATE ITS TOYOTA READY MIXED RED COOLANT, SO I WONDER IF ITS BECAUSE OF THE WATER LEFT IN THE BLOCK FROM FLUSHING? I JUST WANNA KNOW IF ITS GONNA BE PROTECTED ENOUGH?                                
Whats it saying its protected to? what temps? Big ass thread.......all for coolant :)
                                               I DUNNO TBH, ITS A HALFORDS ANTIFREEZE TESTER TUBE THING LIKE A PIPETTE...HAS 3 BALLS AND THE MORE THAT FLOAT TO THE TOP THE MORE PROTECTED IT IS, 2 FLOAT TO THE TOP ONE SINKS IF THAT HELPS?AND SORRY...WOULD IT BE BETTER IF I STARTED A NEW ONE FOR EACH QUESTION I'M A BIT NEW TO THIS? by the way SORRY FOR CAPS N FORMATTING ITS MY PHONE

Ah i suppose your right mate, although i did used to work at a car dealers and we had one car that froze up and the core plugs popped out, water pump fucked etc, but that was because it was a trade in in winter and we werent told it had no antifreeze whatsoever...i assume having most antifreeze will be fine?

yep honestly ive never seen such a thread about coolant haha

its the same with petrol

some people perfer shell , others tesco etc all our cars run its just what people choose

i used fuchs eskimo , my engines still good :D shame the car aint lol

Ryan....its fine out of the bottle with the tester its rated at max...but the stuff in my engine is rated medium....i think it must be due to mixing with water left in the block from flushing the old coolant...thats what im getting at?

Nazz...whats up with your car mate?

Ryan....its fine out of the bottle with the tester its rated at max...but the stuff in my engine is rated medium....i think it must be due to mixing with water left in the block from flushing the old coolant...thats what im getting at?

Nazz...whats up with your car mate?