bouncy ride, shocks knackered? 14/03 - opinions on kyb?

had this twice mate. Lowered 40 on standard shocks. Good for a bit and then shocks leaked etc and the springs then do all the work. Bouncy ride etc when ya cars stationary try pressin down to check suspension. Mine was rock solid. Definatly new shocks/coilovers :D needed

had this twice mate. Lowered 40 on standard shocks. Good for a bit and then shocks leaked etc and the springs then do all the work. Bouncy ride etc when ya cars stationary try pressin down to check suspension. Mine was rock solid. Definatly new shocks/coilovers :D needed

It deffo seems like the shocks then as the fronts do have a misting of oil around them, n yours was rock solid when they were knackered?:/

Go for some KYB Excel G gas shocks. Great for a lowering spring setup. Older shocks are oil filled and tend to overheat quickly.

D

I had these on my old Mazda after I lowered it and they were good, am I alright using those though as obviously they're standard replacments and not shorter ones?

It deffo seems like the shocks then as the fronts do have a misting of oil around them, n yours was rock solid when they were knackered?:/

I had these on my old Mazda after I lowered it and they were good, am I alright using those though as obviously they're standard replacments and not shorter ones?

I've used them on two different starlets of mine and never had a problem. I use tein s tech springs, what springs are you using?

D

Ah i'll probs go for some of them then, are they the same as a UKstarlet as buypartsby lists them quite cheap, or if not where can I get them?

And I'm running Spax springs I think mate, they were on when I got the car but seem okay apart form the bouncyness

• 3 months later...