External waste gate

Hi guys

sorry im posting in this section but I cant find anywhere to post. (Website is fuked)

Anway

I have a external wastegate with a zisco mani and decat, turbo is a KKK K26

Can anyone tell me if i need a boost controller or can it be controlled by the wastegate ?

Cheers

I run a ebc with mine. I have a .5 bar spring in it and run .5 and .8 bar. You can up pressure but not drop below the rated pressure of the spring. It depends on what external gate you have. I have one of the new tial ones. A vac line goes from the turbo to the side of the wastegate with a t piece to the ebc solenoid i think it's the input side. From the output another line goes to the top of the wastegate. All that's left is to set up the boost controller. My blitz is set at 28 vol an 46 gain I think it is to run .8 bar and then 0 and 46 gain for .5. Hope that helps they can be a nightmare if you don't know what needs to go where on the gate. The ebc is the easy bit. Matt

The turbo doesn't have a vac hose connector.. That's whts making me spin out

How does the turbo get boost then?...

I'm a noob to these bigger turbos! Used to ct9s lol simpler!

Help please!!! Cheers

no you dont have to run a boost controller, you can run it off the wastegate spring, a this is I use to run mine,

all you do is run one hose, from the turbo to the bottom of the wastegate, then pressure the turbo is enough it will force the spring to open at the spring rate, (depending on what spring you use,)

no you dont have to run a boost controller, you can run it off the wastegate spring, a this is I use to run mine,

all you do is run one hose, from the turbo to the bottom of the wastegate, then pressure the turbo is enough it will force the spring to open at the spring rate, (depending on what spring you use,)

yeah but i dont have a vac hose from the turbo...

yeah but i dont have a vac hose from the turbo...

cant believe people havent noticed the amount of times youve said..as you dont have a take off on the comp. housing of your turbo..plumb the side port of your wastegate into a free port on your inlet manifold..itll work like that.

cant believe people havent noticed the amount of times youve said..as you dont have a take off on the comp. housing of your turbo..plumb the side port of your wastegate into a free port on your inlet manifold..itll work like that.

thanks Rob lol...

Ok ill pipe the vac hose from the wastegate to a free vac on the inlet...

Ive ran the engine and tried to get the engine on boost but cant hear the turbo spin...

I might need to take it fro a drive when i get a steering wheel.