Can someone please tell/help me with my laptop

i was just wondering how people cover up their URL's on there build threads in theirs sig's etc?

so rather than having

http://www.ukstarlet...opic=8661&st=45

i can have click HERE or whatever.

but obviously with the previous link embedded in it or whatever it's called

also anybody any good with laptops on not loading some webpages

running windows 7

on my home wifi i cant load some pages, ebay wont load at all uksc wont load straight away until i click diagnose then cancel it.

and most web pages take two or three attempts to work and google images crashes after about 30sec's

for the time being I've been using my phone on the same wifi which works fine!

using the diagnosis that IE offers it comes up with this

6 Windows can't communicate with the device or resource (primary DNS server)

Detected

The device or resource is not responding to requests.

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:

• Internet connectivity has been lost.
  • The website is temporarily unavailable.
  • The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.
  • The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.
  • There might be a typing error in the address.
  • If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section.

I've tried running through a load of steps on a couple of websites but nothing seems to work, just cba to reboot the whole thing or take it to a pc repair place and get mugged off lol

Sounds like a DNS issue with your laptop if your phone works fine. Try clearing the DNS cache first you do this by opening a command prompt and typing "ipconfig /flushdns"

See how it runs after that, if its still poor try setting a manual DNS server such as Google's 8.8.8.8 service. Your probably best off googling how to set a manual DNS, i dont know how IT litrate you are so dont know what level to explain at.

If its still shagged after that possibly a malware infection......download, update and run this program to check for any infections http://www.malwarebytes.org/

If you are still really stuck drop me a PM and I can sort remote access your laptop and take a look for you if you want, I work in IT too so i know what i'm on about :thumbsup:

Edited by DavidAshton

I wouldn't trust Dave with my rubber duck.. :ph34r:

:p^_^

Fucker,

Also thinking about it, try disabling the wifi and connect to the router direct with a network cable, see how it works on the LAN, if it works fine it would sugest a problem with wifi adaptor, which you could try updated drivers for.

cheers for the help man apprechiate it :)

ran a Dns flush, no different

plugged into the LAN still no better.

Im not very IT literate at all tbh and as its my rents internet i dont want to go mucking around with too many settings and then stopping the main house computer from being able to access various websites, because at the moment that isn't affected :s

im not sure if setting a manual DNS will affect the operation of the LAN network or if it will just be a personal setting for my laptop?

going to try the malwarebytes software now see if that helps

Sounds like malware behaviour to me.

You could try running in safe mode, press f8 on startup, you may be able to lauch malwarebytes then.

If that dont work it gets a bit more technical so your probably best rebuilding it, or taking it to someone who can clean it up for you.

Just for reference a manual DNS setting on your laptop is local only and wont affect any other systems on the network.

Edited by DavidAshton

Oh and one more product you could try I've found super useful for cleaning up infections and as a bang on general av product, I use it on all my systems, microsofts own av software:

http://windows.micro...rity-essentials

Again the malware may block it but i have had some sucess in the past getting this installed whilst infected.

Edited by DavidAshton