I recently went to view a Glanza, being new to the scene and not having much knowledge, on a test drive the temp gauge was well above normal. Could someone fill me in on why its above normal? What could it be how to sort it etc etc, cheers guys!

maybe head gasket? was the car smoking ? did you check the oil cap for sludge ? or press the top rad hose to see if it was solid ? could be as simple as a fooked thermo but they usely make it run with the neddle at the bottem when you say above normal do you mean redline ie over heating ??

If the thermostat is stook shut then it will over heat.. if its stook open then it will stay on the cold mark on the clocks and take 4year to warm up..so it could just be the thrmostat thats stook shut.. orr the temp sensor on the thermostat (green sensor) could be fucked did the rad fan come on at all do you know?

Was the temp gauge past half way on the clocks? my fan kicks in just past and i mean just pasted like 1mm! the temp gauge sould be online with the half way gauge on the fuel gauge if ya get me lol? i.e (parallel with each other)...It could be just the case of the temp sensor is fucked its this that switches the fan on at 90degrees..Do you know how to a diagnostic test on these? if the fan switch is fucked then that will store a code in the ecu and let you know stright away.

Hers a pic of seba's temp gauge hope he dont mine me useing his pic..if you look its parallel with the half way mark on the fuel gauge thats where it sould be!!

IMG_20111127_210303.jpg

IMG_20111127_210234.jpg

I found that the stock gauge won't move above the normal temp (middle point as micky said) until the car is seriously overheating. When my thermostat wasn't flowing properly I was seeing 110-115C on the defi gauges but the stock temp gauge didn't even twitch. So if you are seeing the stock gauge rise that much and the car doesn't really appear to be overheating I would say the sensor or wiring is dodgy.

Yeah i know what you mean, its higher than the halfway point on the fuel gauge, it didnt seem like it was over-heating, must be a dodgy sensor or wiring...Im gunna go for it! I'll upload pics on day of purchase! Thanks lads!