HID's to fail MOTs

some of you may have herd, but this is the new thing the police are going to start jumping on, as you are aware HID lights need projectors and washers to be legal but now to get through the MOT they have to be self leveling just a heads up guys "/

ive heard the same as what blitz said, and if it comes with headlight washer and the washers dont work it fails, and it also applies to the leds in headlight that there has to be over 50% of them working. think this starts now or april?

yeah the auto levelings the new big thing and the HID lights had to be installed by the manufactor, i dont know when its coming in but just caught the discussion the other day same thing like the exhausts again lads if its not standard your screwed "/ im gonna pull my kit out next weekend

only cars that come with washers and a leveling system as standard are tested. if the hids are retro/aftermarket there deemed untestable :)

Really??

There's a few cars out there with OEM HIDs that don't have these features, my Mum's Leon has HIDs but they're perfectly aligned, and don't dazzle at all. I wanted to get a set for the GT (quadlight) :(

yeah the auto levelings the new big thing and the HID lights had to be installed by the manufactor, i dont know when its coming in but just caught the discussion the other day same thing like the exhausts again lads if its not standard your screwed "/ im gonna pull my kit out next weekend

Yeah I gotta pull mine out the NA soon <_<

eyyy? so aftermarket exhausts are no good now eather??

mate aftermarket exhausts are controversal i found out after all the dealings i had with traffics saying 74dB that imports are allowed 100dB but it cant have been altered to be louder than standard, just remember it was imported with it ;) thats why it dont have a BS stamp cause its jap

mate aftermarket exhausts are controversal i found out after all the dealings i had with traffics saying 74dB that imports are allowed 100dB but it cant have been altered to be louder than standard, just remember it was imported with it ;) thats why it dont have a BS stamp cause its jap

ill remember that!

cheers lol

the hid kits in ep82 headlamps are good as they have the projector style. in the glanza though they use a h4 type bulb. these kits should be illegal.

uhmm just so your aware mate Gts that arnt quadlights use H4

so any Gt with the square lamps is H4 so ....

Ben that's bullshit, the copper that pulled me in the NA was having a go at my exhaust for not having a BS stamp (it's custom) and then 5 minutes later he said oh the exhaust doesn't even have to have it or any silencers, you were just driving fast/making noise <_<

I got pulled they said it had to have a bs stamp I said mine was like a Hayes ie an oem one but made by blitz in Japan and that's why it don't have a bs stamp he then looked puzzled and went oh okay got in his car then yelled it's an offence to have your engine running while your parked In a layby I turned it off he drive away -.-

Youll be fine, if they are not fitted then they cant test them....if the beam is correct your sorted....in most cases especially the starlet it isnt, ive yet to see anyone post a beam picture of the GT "projector type" lenses fitted with a HID kit

if they are fitted and dont work its a fail, if it doesnt have them what can they fail? i.e the glanzas dont have side repeaters it never came with them so what can you fail?

the way the test is carried out the tester has no means to check the self levelling suspension

From the Good Book:

Vehicles equipped with High Intensity Discharge (HID) or LED dipped beam headlamps may be fitted with headlamp washers and a suspension or headlamp self levelling system. Where such systems are fitted, they must work however, it is accepted that it may not be possible to readily determine the functioning of self levelling systems. In such cases, the benefit of the doubt must be given

Headlamp washers may work in conjunction with the windscreen washers (when the dipped beam headlamps are switched on) or by a separate switch.

Reasons for reection

A headlamp levelling or cleaning device inoperative or otherwise obviously defective (it doesnt say, if the car doesnt have them its a fail....it says if they dont work and or are broke)