Twin tail lights?

Did a search but couldn't find anything, my 98 spec Glanza is fitted with reflet tails, there is a lighting area at the bottom of these which has a single filament bulb in but appears to be unused, what is this for?

I thought maybe it might be the dual tailights? I was tempted to add a dual filament bulb holder to it, wire one filament to the tail lights and the other as rear fogs?

I assumed it was for a dual sidelights like the ep82?

Anyway have started to make it into a dual filament bulb holder, one wire to sidelights and one which will be connected into a rear fog switch.

Liam i'll let you know how it goes and get you some pics if it works, just need time off work lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I changed my 96 specs to a 98 spec cluster but used the existing bulb holder.. think its dual filament bulbs in the top and normal in the bottom.. Tops are dim until you press the brake and then light up nice and bright :) . My 98 spec clusters came with the bulb holders but are different to the older 96 spec bulb holders so i didnt need to mod them to get this effect... Maybe if you can get hold of the older version bulb holders it would be easier than rewiriing the 98's .. Cant remember if they are unpluggable or not tho so may require some wiring after all..

Ala my pic <<<<

Ive used the right hand reversing light near the number plate as my Rear fog.. Just painted a bulb with red paint.. Passes the MOT fine :) ..

Edited by SooperD