I could be wrong but i thought you have to have the postcode of where the plates are made at the bottom of the plate to be fully legal?

Still very tidy mate, get some tyre dressing on tho!!!!

Xarl

one of mine has a faint halfords logo, but i'm considering 12x6 plates now. where did you get unmarked plates from haresigh?

Still very tidy mate, get some tyre dressing on tho!!!!

Xarl

I've got the tyres dressed now mate, just not in that pic as I cleaned the outside of the car after I did the wheels, then dressed the tyres about an hour ago.

one of mine has a faint halfords logo, but i'm considering 12x6 plates now. where did you get unmarked plates from haresigh?

Believe it or not I got it off a right dodgey looking site, which I got linked to from ebay, heres a link

£18 delivered, if you click postage as 'P&P arranged through Ebay'

eBay page

Page it links you to

Linked page

Here's where the TTE backbox was from, doubt its sold as he said it might be in his garage very recently

Click

Edited by Haresign

I've got the tyres dressed now mate, just not in that pic as I cleaned the outside of the car after I did the wheels, then dressed the tyres about an hour ago.

Believe it or not I got it off a right dodgey looking site, which I got linked to from ebay, heres a link

£18 delivered, if you click postage as 'P&P arranged through Ebay'

eBay page

Page it links you to

Linked page

Here's where the TTE backbox was from, doubt its sold as he said it might be in his garage very recently

Click

nice one man appreciated!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey im new to this forum and first one i have joined so sorry if i have posted this in wrong section. By the way i like your SR. ;)

The reason why im posting is because im looking at getting a SR, it be my first car and im 20 years old, been driving my dads car for a year also have clean licence, so I'm hoping the insurance wont be to bad. Done a few quotes and and the lowest i can find is £1346, i heard that sky insurance is a good one to go to but not had a quote from them yet.

I have always liked the starlets so i be really chuffed if my first car was a SR. ^_^ I would find it helpful if someone would kindly give me any tips if the SR is a good one to go for as it be a first car, I just want a bit more info of the SR basically. hoping on getting one in June!

Thanks in advance, Sam.

Hi mate, if you can find one then it's deffo worth getting one as a first car, relatively cheap to insure, very nippy and good on fuel.

They have a few extras like speedline alloys, TTE 25mm lowering springs, TTE spoiler, TTE exhaust (Your lucky to find one with this now) and a 'rev counter' wooooooooooaahh!

Theres a tidy black one on eGay, its a bit pricey if you ask me, would say your really looking to spend £1300 max on a clean one.

Here's a link, Link

Any who, bit of an update today. Not much but still progress.

Fitted a Cusco rear strut brace and a new oil filler cap (on my dirty engine)

Here's some pics.....

oilfiller.jpg

starlet.jpg

starlet1.jpg

starlet2.jpg

Thanks for the reply, very much appreciate it ;) Yea i be willing on paying that much and that is a really nice SR! Well i was looking at the sportif but got no rev counter and after a wile that would really get annoying so thats one reason why i wanted an SR, also looks nicer with the speedline alloys. I new that they was lowed but didnt know that that it comes with a TTE exhaust, looks very nice! :thumbsup: I may come back to you if i got more questions! Thanks for the link, lets hope there be one like that in june, not got the money for one yet lol Thanks again for your time. ;) :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Little update, not much

Got my uksc stickers from josh aka stick-2-it. Very fast dispatch and very easy to fit. If you mess these up when putting them on then you are a retard lol. Quality stuff

also got my glanza cup holders from Stavros, again brilliant seller. Kept me updated and very well packed. Heres some pics

DSC_0089.jpg

DSC_0085.jpg

DSC_0086.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

VTS sold to a friend for a track day car. The VTS was rapid, really really good engine. It is completely standard and the first time on track he had to back off to let MX5's, other VTS's and stuff past as they couldn't get past him on the straights and they were all stripped out for track. Would have made a good road car tbh.