Hi guys, been on the forum for a bit now but never started a build thread so here goes,

In September 2010 I won my starlet on eBay without going to look at it but asked the seller to send me as many pics as possible and tell me about any problems at all, no matter how small which he did so was happy enough to bid on it.

After I won the auction (£850 :thumbsup: ) I picked my starlet up from Essex, was pretty happy as it only had 52k on the clock and was very clean, and the 3 hour drive home was a lot of fun as it always is with a new car.

Didn't really touch the car for a year or so, just fitted tailored mats, seat covers and a gave it a damn good thorough clean.

Since I started my new job in August at Siemens I've been getting more money so started to spend a bit on the car.

I have recently purchased:

Clear indicators and side repeaters

K&N panel filter

SR replacement decals

Glanza inlet manifold and TB

And a cheeky little Domo to hang in my car lol

Future plans are:

To sort out body work as there was a few dings in it when I got it as well as a key scratch all down passenger side. To top it off while I was parked at work someone scraped the shit outa the front end, some retard who can't drive - never did find out who it was.

Ferueb wheels

To fit decals after body work is sorted

Clean engine bay

Get some new mats (If CJ performance are getting on it soon?)

Couple of handling mods (Handles like a double decker)

Heres some pics:

When I first pruchased the car

Side.jpg

exhaust1.jpg

madeinjapan.jpg

Grey interior - you know the score!

inside.jpg

Clear indicators

sryo.jpg

Some retard then ripped out my new clear indicators :thumbsup:

Damage1.jpg

K&N

KN.jpg

My new inlet let all cleaned up

Inlet1.jpg

Tools of the trade

Remains1.jpg

Here's how I modded to fit my N/A:

Tapped hole

Thread1.jpg

Filled holes with modded bolts and instant gasket

Bolt1.jpg

Bolt2.jpg

Finished - apart from one hole which I need to get Bolt big enough :blush:

Inlet2.jpg

SR Decals

Decals1.jpg

Decals3.jpg

And the best purchase of all !!!!!!

domo.jpg

Edited by Haresign

Reminds me of my old black sr.

Looks tidy whats the plan then? Dont glanza rep it please. Keep with what it is

Deffo not glanza repin' mate.

Plan really is to get it looking spankin. Full respray in on the cards depending on when I sell my other car (Saxo VTS if anyone knows anyone £700 :ph34r: ) Apart from that it's just to keep it clean, looking original apart from handling mods.

Here's my next problem

Tried to turn this 360 degrees but the TPS i have it literally just a switch inside with a make or break contact . Touches one side of the contacts when throttle is off, touches other side of contacts when throttle is at 3/4 to fully on. This requires the throttle to turn about 30 degrees. So when I tried to turn it 360, i just snapped the little bit which turns the TPS insde doh!

Looks like a new TPS for me!

TPS.jpg

Edited by Haresign
  • 4 weeks later...

Bit of an update

Today I've had the car jacked up and cleaned the whole underside and arches, shouldn't be a speck of muck anywhere hopefully as I've just spent over 7 hours doing it lol.

Cleaned all the wheels and cleaned out the boot, hoovered and given the car a complete going over really.

Also pruchased some 12x6 numberplates, not sure if they are legal or not though? If anyone knows could they help me out.

Heres some pics

cleaning1.jpg

Before

cleaning5.jpg

cleaning4.jpg

After

cleaning3.jpg

cleaning2.jpg

Before

cleaning7.jpg

After

cleaning6.jpg

Number plates, are they legal?

DSCF4084.jpg

About 64mm height on each letter

DSCF4088.jpg

Edited by Haresign

yours still has 'the car infront is a toyota sticker' i'm so jealous! josh remake one please

looking awesome and i'm jealous you still have the tte. standard looking black sr's ftw!

are you coming to japfest?

Yes mate coming to japfest, going to join Socks and co. at Gainsborough and join the convoy on the M5.

Some guy on here is breaking a silver SR and says he may still have the TTE backbox for sale if you want 1

You convoying down?

Yes mate coming to japfest, going to join Socks and co. at Gainsborough and join the convoy on the M5.

Some guy on here is breaking a silver SR and says he may still have the TTE backbox for sale if you want 1

You convoying down?

yeah man, me and amjad are meeting in southampton then meeting with whoever. gonna be grotty driving at 6am :\ i think that tte box went the other week, hate working part time as a student :(

would be great to get some black sr pics together as i'm bringing the camera. you've inspired me to whack the rims and give them and the arches a massive clean. i need to find a way of mounting it in the car for track though. at least if i kill myself someone can see the video then haha